Recent content by BikeCommutingIreland

1. B

Cyclists

No. I was in a hit and run and all I managed to get with the reg was their insurance number, still no idea their first name and the insurance has already settled. Only Gardai etc can do that.
  2. B

Cyclists

Cameras pay for themselves, here's my example: Camera cost €300 Insurance payouts for my damaged property because of camera - €1000 (you could use a 50 quid one but I wanted a GoPro I could use on holidays and and water sports) This just makes sense, nothing mental about it. I have never...
  3. B

Cyclists

What a arsehole
  4. B

Cyclists

I don't own any lycra, but I have been nearly killed several times by shitty drivers, I however have never nearly killed a pedestrian. Common sense ≠ law You weren't endangered, inconvenienced or bothered. You're just upset he didn't have to wait with you and you're throwing a tantrum.
  5. B

Cyclists

He didn't pass you on the inside. Cyclists are allowed to filter on the left or right side of cars. But in this case he was in a separate lane so I don't know why you mentioned it. I'm guessing the green light for pedestrians was on when he went through? As long as he yields to pedestrians it...
  6. B

Cyclists

Just another day
  7. B

Cyclists

Considering donating to this little legends charity cycle for St. Vincent de Paul, the SCOOP Foundation and Bunscoil Synge Street. Link - Conan's Charity Cycle Funds go directly to charities.
  8. B

Cyclists

That's an unreasonable argument. You're supposed to keep enough space to brake for cars in front of you, this car was not in front of me, it pulled out illegally Infront of me, then fled the scene. I made direct eye contact with the driver before he pulled out, there was no perceived danger and...
  9. B

Cyclists

Still waiting for them to get back to me.
  10. B

Cyclists

What have I done that gives cycling a bad rep?
  11. B

Cyclists

I do follow the rules of the road, and never once did I say I didn't in that comment? There is no law requiring licence plates for cyclists, I am arguing against it. I have no idea what rules you're talking about that have been broken?
  12. B

Cyclists

That was my reaction when you generalised an entire group of people and made assumptions about disregarding motorists and pedestrians somehow.
  13. B

Cyclists

Is the blatant disregard in the room with you right now?
  14. B

Cyclists

You also can't identify a pedestrian crossing the road at a red light, but we don't care because they don't kill people. While I do believe commercial delivery drivers using bikes should display a number on their food delivery bag or something similar to report bad driving, the idea of doing...
  15. B

Cyclists

That's me, I didn't have time to turn around and see if there was a car in the other lane coming up behind me, as I'm going under the speed limit, a car doing the limit could have hit me from behind in the other lane if i swerved into it. Similar to how you aren't supposed to check your mirrors...