Cyclists

Was stopped at traffic lights yesterday a few cars back from the red lights when a cyclist passed me on the inside - fair enough it was cycle lane. He even very exageratedly extended his left hand, and then without missing a beat or a pedal cycled through the red lights and left down into Capwell as though it was the most normal thing in the world for a cyclist to do.
At least he indicated I suppose. 😞

Was stopped at traffic lights yesterday a few cars back from the red lights when a cyclist passed me on the inside - fair enough it was cycle lane. He even very exageratedly extended his left hand, and then without missing a beat or a pedal cycled through the red lights and left down into Capwell as though it was the most normal thing in the world for a cyclist to do.
It's relatively common around the world that traffic can turn at a red light if there is nothing coming and no-one crossing.

He didn't pass you on the inside.

Cyclists are allowed to filter on the left or right side of cars.

But in this case he was in a separate lane so I don't know why you mentioned it.

I'm guessing the green light for pedestrians was on when he went through? As long as he yields to pedestrians it literally doesn't matter, we even have a special name for this, a toucan crossing.

Myself and others do this when junctions are dangerous and it's safer to proceed during a pedestrian crossing cycle.

Looking for problems where there isn't any, pedestrians and cyclists share spaces everywhere, cars and pedestrians do not for a very obvious reason.

I stop at 99% of lights, the ones I go through are when all cars are stationary and there's no pedestrians in my path, it's safer for me.

Some drivers are like rabid dogs at junctions turning across your path etc, fuck that.

But in this case he was in a separate lane so I don't know why you mentioned it.

I'm guessing the green light for pedestrians was on when he went through? As long as he yields to pedestrians it literally doesn't matter, we even have a special name for this, a toucan crossing.

Myself and others do this when junctions are dangerous and it's safer to proceed during a pedestrian crossing cycle.

Looking for problems where there isn't any, pedestrians and cyclists share spaces everywhere, cars and pedestrians do not for a very obvious reason.

I stop at 99% of lights, the ones I go through are when all cars are stationary and there's no pedestrians in my path, it's safer for me.

Some drivers are like rabid dogs at junctions turning across your path etc, fuck that.

And there you have it in spades. A cyclist breaks the law by cycling through a red light (his lane was inside me - as in between me and the footpath by the way), and we have the lycrists coming on saying how not alone what he did wasn't REALLY illegal, it was actually the right and proper thing to do,

Their sense of entitlement is a wonder to behold

And there you have it in spades. A cyclist breaks the law by cycling through a red light (his lane was inside me - as in between me and the footpath by the way), and we have the lycrists coming on saying how not alone what he did wasn't REALLY illegal, it was actually the right and proper thing to do,

Their sense of entitlement is a wonder to behold
I don't own any lycra, but I have been nearly killed several times by shitty drivers, I however have never nearly killed a pedestrian.

Common sense ≠ law

You weren't endangered, inconvenienced or bothered. You're just upset he didn't have to wait with you and you're throwing a tantrum.

I don't own any lycra, but I have been nearly killed several times by shitty drivers, I however have never nearly killed a pedestrian.

Common sense ≠ law

You weren't endangered, inconvenienced or bothered. You're just upset he didn't have to wait with you and you're throwing a tantrum.

Only one throwing a tantrum here is you dear. I merely pointed out the behaviour of a cyclist that seemed to feel so entitled, and then you went and underlined just how entitled ye think ye are :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I can vouch for the veracity of that statement, I'm always nervous at busy sets of traffic lights even if going straight ahead, I've had incidents when cycling where cars coming from the opposite side and turning right have swerved directly into my path.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼