Recent content by 1986 Rebel

1. 1

Where in Cork am I?

1954, I knew of a few Marians born that year
  2. 1

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Christ some lads are getting so wound up about what Donal Óg said which was true. Getting into a tizzy because he called out a pathetic example of defending and laziness to track back and stop a goal. That’s Junior B stuff, get back quickly and fill up the area where a goal can come from. He...
  3. 1

Memorable hurling matches

I’d agree with 2003, Cork had been destroyed by Galway in Thurles in 2002, there was the strike also and then vs Clare the Banks being sang near the end and I remember thinking Ronan Curran in particular was gonna be a superstar. Kenny and Setanta too making their debuts? (Could be wrong)...
  4. 1

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Yeah you’re right on that (not certain it was Coleman but you’re probably right) that rushed in needlessly. But the starting positions of our whole half back line is terrible. And then just watch the 4/5 of them stroll back. Tim never moved, he could have ran back and taken O Donnell. Shocking...
  5. 1

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Everyone should look again at the 2nd Clare goal. I couldn’t understand at the time how Diarmuid Ryan ran such a long distance unopposed. Watch how many Cork players started in line or ahead of Ryan and didn’t even bother their holes getting back. Our number 5 started well ahead of him on the...
  6. 1

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I’m sorry but I have to take issue with this. Ger Cunningham had, comparing to nowadays, an easy gig. He was a good keeper for sure, but when it came to puck outs, drive the ball as far as you can every single time. Nowadays keepers have to be able to put it on a sixpence. Now for Cork this is...
  7. 1

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

This is typical clueless nonsense here. Nash was a poor distributor, used to just lash it long whenever the pressure came on (see 2018 semi).
  8. 1

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The amount of fellas that give out about Cork here all the time and call them flakey etc but Canning does it and a few lads are losing the heads. The truth hurts. We all know at this stage that we are seen as a soft touch in other counties. That’s the reality. As Canning says the only way to...
  9. 1

Cork Footballers

Yeah he did fine. You said he should never represent Cork again, have you a reason for that or…?
  10. 1

Cork Footballers

Don’t you know the keepers are the causes of all our woes in both codes at all levels? According to this forum anyway
  11. 1

The Gaelic Football Thread

There was no elbow from Fenton. He pushed/used his fist, didn’t look great on first viewing but not sure it was a red.
  12. 1

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I really hope there’s a massive Cork crowd at the Clare game (there will be at the Limerick one) and that the crowd remember all the moaning about having to go the Páirc. Presumably Clare won’t travel in any great numbers seeing as it’s too much hassle even for a Munster Final. The stadium...
  13. 1

Cork Footballers

Finished in 4th I think. Radio said Cavan would get 3rd because of head to head. Based on last year you’d imagine it will be enough for Sam Maguire
  14. 1

The Hurling Thread

I find him hard to listen to tbh. He loves bringing everything back to himself, somehow 2013 seems to be still relevant to everything these days.
  15. 1

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I’m seeing a lot of comments saying Lehane would make a great impact off the bench. I’m struggling to think of him ever making a good impact off the bench. He came on last year against Limerick and wasn’t good, should have worked a late chance back out but shot from a bad angle. He come on in...