Cork Hurlers - Part 2

We will have to disagree on Daragh red it was the lack of fight and the inability of our halfbackl line to catch the sliotar instead of batting it down caused a lot of our problems. Downey is 6ft 4 + and yet caught no ball. IF Twomey and Dalton are fully fit i think we will win . This team was almost the team i would have selected

This is Cork, we don’t do workrate and intensity well
See Joe Cannings column in the IT today? Same thing..

'Throughout my Galway career we always regarded Cork as fragile. Nice hurlers and all that, but not a team to be afraid of in a close game, going down the stretch. I think I lost one championship game to Cork – and I’m talking about U16, minor, U21, senior.'

I said it way back in this thread, I was talking with one of the most prominent current hurlers in the country and he said the same thing - said theres not enough dog in us, no ones going to growl at you, no one going to shove it down your throat.

Clare will have last week in their minds.. lets see. My Clare buddy is suggesting we take a draw and shake hands on it now!

So if you bought a terrace ticket a few weeks ago for 25 Euro you can now stand in potential rain, behind a goal, without a clue as to what is happening at the far goal while watching a last minute purchaser for an extra 5 Euro have a prime dry seat with a great view, Some system.

So if you bought a terrace ticket a few weeks ago for 25 Euro you can now stand in potential rain, behind a goal, without a clue as to what is happening at the far goal while watching a last minute purchaser for an extra 5 Euro have a prime dry seat with a great view, Some system.
While people who bought tickets via clubs sold under the guise of special treatment of some sort are in the corners probably behind the end line. It's an embarrassment of a system.

This has always been the way - its a shit system but surprised people are only realising now. Its really frustrating, only way to deal with it is buy the better ticket now as well and hope the others sell on as it gets closer

See Joe Cannings column in the IT today? Same thing..

'Throughout my Galway career we always regarded Cork as fragile. Nice hurlers and all that, but not a team to be afraid of in a close game, going down the stretch. I think I lost one championship game to Cork – and I’m talking about U16, minor, U21, senior.'

I said it way back in this thread, I was talking with one of the most prominent current hurlers in the country and he said the same thing - said theres not enough dog in us, no ones going to growl at you, no one going to shove it down your throat.

Clare will have last week in their minds.. lets see. My Clare buddy is suggesting we take a draw and shake hands on it now!
Jesus that’s fair depressing when u consider he retired a few years and starting playing senior 06 was it. And coming from a flaky watery Galway that his team were that makes it worse.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

6th Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Aideen McQueen & Guests

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼