Cork Footballers

Disappointed but never expected to win down in Killarney realistically I guess, definitely some positives to take and there’s a few weeks now to build towards the All Ireland series, I feel they can have a crack off anyone on their day.

Was talking to my buddy just

Think what we need to add to our game is getting more of our backs to kick a few scores...would take huge pressure off our forwards especially when their being tightly marked...think Powter and Og Jones were big losses when they went off, as we didn't have any penetration for the last 25 mins....still we showed that we are well able to compete with a Kerry team that is average at best bar the two Clifford's and O Shea
Big time. Powter looked ok going off but you’d have to assume he was injured surely. Ian Maguire was out on his feet from 55 onwards but ran himself to a standstill. Kerry handled Matty Taylor cutely I thought, you’d have expected him to punch a few more holes.

We’re getting closer. I’d be optimistic about making the last 8 again if we can keep our key men healthy but really the next step is to be a team that makes a semi and go up to division 1.

The lads gave it their all. We had to put more into the game than Kerry to stay with them and their style of play on the ball is way more efficient also.

The result was we has about 10 lads really running on empty by the last quarter of the game.

I'd like to see Corbett stay closer to goal with Hurley. Chris Og had a tough day at the office...he struggled to hold onto the ball at times. He'll bounce back.

Kelly very good on the kick outs and we competed very strong on the longer ones. O Mahony was really solid. Gave it to Clifford and never took a backwards step. All you can ask for.

We still have issues with our style (it requires too much effort to move the ball)and having to toil away in Div 2 isn't speeding up our progess as quick we'd like to see possibly.

Kerry will be in all Ireland semi or final again this year so the game will definitely bring our lads on ahead of the All Ireland.

Disappointed to lose to those f**ckers but I wouldn't be slating anyone off the back of that today.

They’ll win a Munster championship while cork will win nothing unfortunately, lots of effort but the lack of thought or plan for the last number of minutes when Kerry has the ball was shocking
Agree. What is the point of giving the opposition almost 7 minutes of possession when you're 2 points down with around 10 minutes left. I just don't get it.

Agree. What is the point of giving the opposition almost 7 minutes of possession when you're 2 points down with around 10 minutes left. I just don't get it.
I guess it was a bit like the Armagh game where they were hoping for a quick turnover but after a massive effort for 60+ minutes hadn't the energy to get close enough against a div 1 team.
Not happy with a loss, but think there is progress over last 18 months or so.
Get C O Mahony back and Rory M then I think we would give them more to worry about going forward.
Defence has improved and not getting opened for goals like a few years ago.
From where we were it is a long road back, but I think we are getting there

I have 2 decision that proves this management are not up to it. For 20/25 in the first half we had Kerry defence scambling. Powter and Hurley were opening them up. Powter won a free, set up corbett for a goal chance and set up another and then they put him sweeping and then take him off …. Please someone explain thatb

What will happen over next few weeks. Nothing bar Rory Maguire replacing a defender who doesn't deserve to be dropped. Same tactics, same non scoring Half forward line. Same Subs. Deane first replacement.

Alot of positives today i thought which management can build , i think Cork are at their best moving ball fast especially kick passing . We should go after teams more and stop backing off them.A good run in All Ireland is whats needed to this team to . Also need to nail down a place for powter and stop moving him around

Alot of positives today i thought which management can build , i think Cork are at their best moving ball fast especially kick passing . We should go after teams more and stop backing off them.A good run in All Ireland is whats needed to this team to . Also need to nail down a place for powter and stop moving him around
The first 20 mins was the best I have seen cork move the ball but the management panicked and moved Powter back

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Silence (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 4:30pm

More events ▼