Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

Are you even reading my posts?

On the back of this protests engagement with politicians its been changed from single male IP applicants to families.

They had a petition with 2000+ signatures. Thats some going in a town of 6k.

You've obviously got an axe to grind with this lady, resorting to churlish insults instead of engaging with her well articulated concerns

Wherever they've tried to parachute in asylum seekers with zero local notice or engagement theres been immediate and widespread protest.

Guff about the far right doesn't cut it anymore. Integration as a policy has been a disaster and people dont want it. Those behind it wont survive the next election.
I am reading your posts. A fair amount of gymnastics involved in them.

Those 2,000 signatures are meaningless, many of them do not live in Fermoy. You could have signed it if you wanted to. It was available online. Their Facebook group has 1500 members and the majority of those are not Fermoy residents. They made the group private so they would have the space to make whatever comment they like. I’d post some here except they are too bigoted.

This protest has meant that some people are seeing colour everywhere and if they see a person of colour they automatically assume they see a refugee. You’ll be aware of why that’s an issue of concern to me.

These people aren’t patriots, they are racists. Boyle may not have been aligned to the far right herself but in welcoming in the likes of Blighe, Dwyer and others she has turned this into a far right run movement. A comment was made by one tent dweller to Gardaí when they blocked the road to allow them enter safely. The white people of Fermoy don’t matter anymore.

This is not an immigration debate. If it was they’d take their protest to politicians doors. They are outside a centre housing women and children and have signs erected telling them their home is illegal and that they are not welcome.

Post all you want about government mishandling of this but this is above that. This is human decency and compassion. And those racists lack both of those in spades.

I’m done justifying this. I’ll keep posting in this thread as I see fit but I won’t be justifying to anyone my opinions or how often I post. Happy to engage with all posters including you on other threads.

Last edited:
I am reading your posts. A fair amount of gymnastics involved in them.

Those 2,000 signatures are meaningless, many of them do not live in Fermoy. You could have signed it if you wanted to. It was available online. Their Facebook group has 1500 members and the majority of those are not Fermoy residents. They made the group private so they would have the space to make whatever comment they like. I’ll post some here

This protest has meant that some people are seeing colour everywhere and if they see a person of colour they automatically assume they see a refugee. You’ll be aware of why that’s an issue of concern to me.

These people aren’t patriots, they are racists. Boyle may not have been aligned to the far right herself but in welcoming in the likes of Blighe, Dwyer and others she has turned this into a far right run movement. A comment was made by one tent dweller to Gardaí when they blocked the road to allow them enter safely. The white people of Fermoy don’t matter anymore.

This is not an immigration debate. If it was they’d take their protest to politicians doors. They are outside a centre housing women and children and have signs erected telling them their home is illegal and that they are not welcome.

Post all you want about government mishandling of this but this is above that. This is human decency and compassion. And those racists lack both of those in spades.

I’m done justifying this. I’ll keep posting in this thread as I see fit but I won’t be justifying to anyone my opinions or how often I post. Happy to engage with all posters including you on other threads.

So petitions only count if you agree with them?

Sorry m8, it doesn't work like that.

Have you seen the signatories? You seem very certain its not locals? Basing that on anything but guesswork?

Youve already said that this lady is the organiser and the driving force behind these protests?:But youre also daily reminding us that its Derek Blighe who is a threat to democracy (lol) because of protests in Fermoy?

Which is it?

You can get all hysterical about the far right m8 but the debate has moved on and Asylum/Integration is now a mainstream political concern for voters, surpassing housing.

Again the integration/asylum issue has moved well beyond the cranks and is now a mainstream political concern for voters
But it's generally the cranks that are being discussed on this thread.
As you've said previously, a lot of the population see immigration as a big issue with influx of refugees since the war in Ukraine.
I have no issue with there being a government review on the refugee process and safe countries etc, especially given that there is now a war in Europe.

From my own conversations with people around this issue, I doubt the vast majority who see immigration as a big issue would want anything to do with the "Ireland is Full" brigade. I suppose we'll see come election time.

Asylum seekers are living in tents on the streets because we have no accommodation for them.
Just because the likes of Blighe and his cohorts use the term Ireland is full, that doesn’t mean it isn’t true.
It’s a fact.

From my own conversations with people around this issue, I doubt the vast majority who see immigration as a big issue would want anything to do with the "Ireland is Full" brigade. I suppose we'll see come election time.

Asylum seekers are living in tents on the streets because we have no accommodation for them.
Just because the likes of Blighe and his cohorts use the term Ireland is full, that doesn’t mean it isn’t true.
It’s a fact.
Ireland is full means it’s full to all immigration. If we have too many asylum seekers and it seems we may very well have then that’s one thing but using the term Ireland is full is not just that. They don’t want any Africans here at all. Whether they are legal or not.

It’s a fact.
Spot on. It's a loaded phrase but it's true.
As mentioned previously, when they had to ask festival goers at Electric Picnic to leave behind the tents so they could be used to help refugees, alarm bells should have been going off.
We are taking in one of the highest amounts per 1000 of population.
It's unsustainable.
Country is broken.
Hence all the rats jumping ship.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼