Benny does it again.

€6.90 for a Guinness was the average last weekend while the pints themselves just very average.

I have had way nicer stout in Cork and Kerry as well as London lately.

There is no way I am taking Guinness in a plastic pint cup.

The staff are to blame in a lot of this. In an Irish pub, your stout us one of your USPs. Some staff neither know how to pour a pint or what a pint of stout should look like.

Some of the pints you see handed out are disgraceful. Any half decent bar manager should be pulling their staff aside and teaching them step by step what is actually expected of them.

You're not being paid just to turn up like, you actually have a job to do.

Was over there a few weeks ago and had to give the waitress my cash, so she could pay on her card, so that I could eat a bit of breakfast. I'd say if I had to pay upfront, I'd have starved.

The tides have changed. You'll get the occasional fella rambling about freedoms and auld lads watching horse racing on their phones in heritage pubs, but most people have accepted that cash is going and card will be the only show in town soon enough

The tides have changed. You'll get the occasional fella rambling about freedoms and auld lads watching horse racing on their phones in heritage pubs, but most people have accepted that cash is going and card will be the only show in town soon enough
I had exchanged some money with boi so I was fcked if I was going to pay fees for using my card everytime I wanted a packet of chewing gum or a pint.

(I don't have revolut)

I'm over in the mainland at the moment and nobody wants the Kings shilling anymore. So many places are "card only".

A sign of what's to come in Ireland. Cash is dead. Long live the card
Worse, staff in some London pubs/venues (I'm looking at you Camden World's End and Underworld) press a tip option on the terminal before presenting it to you so you end up paying +15/20% extra without knowing it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

19th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Underground Loft: Open Mic Poetry & Storytelling

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼