Is this 'Bitcoin' the real deal?

Couple of friends, not close friends mind, went into this about 8 years ago. In fact, I have a vague memory of the night they were initially talking about getting involved. They'd be richer fuckers than me so I was on the periphery of the conversation. At least two of em, maybe 3 or 4 put a few grand in anyway. I could have probably invested a few bob meself but I've never been into the markets and shares and all that shite. Long story short, the price went up massively and a year or so ago one of em was thinking of selling. The other bloke, who'd be fairly seriously rich (currently lives in Madrid in a house whose immediate previous occupant was one Raphael Varane, but he owns two or three places here in Lux too) well he said to the lad contemplating selling, Do NOT sell. And if you do, sell to me. The bloke seems to be convinced that there is still serious dough to be made with this shit. Not saying he can't be wrong but he didn't make his dosh being wrong very often.

Couple of friends, not close friends mind, went into this about 8 years ago. In fact, I have a vague memory of the night they were initially talking about getting involved. They'd be richer fuckers than me so I was on the periphery of the conversation. At least two of em, maybe 3 or 4 put a few grand in anyway. I could have probably invested a few bob meself but I've never been into the markets and shares and all that shite. Long story short, the price went up massively and a year or so ago one of em was thinking of selling. The other bloke, who'd be fairly seriously rich (currently lives in Madrid in a house whose immediate previous occupant was one Raphael Varane, but he owns two or three places here in Lux too) well he said to the lad contemplating selling, Do NOT sell. And if you do, sell to me. The bloke seems to be convinced that there is still serious dough to be made with this shit. Not saying he can't be wrong but he didn't make his dosh being wrong very often.
Very very true. But the whole thing is held up by huge energy consumption. When fossil fuel use is wound down, the energy availability wont be there to maintain the exchanges (unless nuclear fusion and/or hydrogen comes to the rescue).

Very very true. But the whole thing is held up by huge energy consumption. When fossil fuel use is wound down, the energy availability wont be there to maintain the exchanges (unless nuclear fusion and/or hydrogen comes to the rescue).
When you think about how absurd the production of the bitcoin is, it really is mind-diddling. Using electricity to open an electronic puzzle box that contains computer code which is inherently valueless.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Punk Rock Factory
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

6th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Karaoke Pride Party

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼