Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Any one know if the guys that were going well that are omitted from the panel this week have injuries or just rested ? People like Tim O M, Twomey, Eoin Roche and Conor O Callaghan

He set up the goal - with a perfectly legal handpass! I like what I've seen of Sean Twomey so far. He's out in front of his man and can gather the ball without fumbling. Sometimes you don't get a clear chance to score; then you give the ball to a team mate. He did all that. If he always plays the way he played the last day, I would always be happy to see him on the team.
Great post

But “can he gracefully dance his way around a defender” they will reply!

It’s no wonder we are soft

If we're going anywhere this year, it'll be with only 1 out of Hoggie, Lehane, Seamie starting. Huge question marks again over Lehane, once summer hurling rolls around. Would love for him/them to prove most of us wrong though.

PR will need to show a more ruthless side to him, with his starting 15 and with his movements on the line/from the bench. Fingers and toes crossed he's more than up to the challenge.

Not much discussion of the Waterford team here. I haven't been following Davy's crew that closely so I'm not up to speed re injuries, but that looks like a pretty experimental side. Decent half-forward line, and be interesting to see how Sean Walsh gets on, he's been pretty consistent for MTU in the Fitzgibbon.

Re the kerfuffle over Hoggy, Lehane and Harnedy, there's two different issues here imo. One is which of them (or possibly all three) should be starting come championship. Fwiw, I would be disappointed if all three were picked to start, as it would suggest either that the younger forwards haven't made enough of an impact or the management lack faith in them. I think all three will have important roles to play, but if they all start (especially Hoggy and Lehane together) that will in all likelihood make Cork that bit easier to play against, since neither are consistently good at closing down the opposition defenders or battling for the ball.

The other issue is playing them in this league fixture. On balance I don't think it's a great call. We have a good idea of what each player brings, and even if Harnedy needs some league time, Hoggy and Lehane each played the last two matches. Even setting aside S. Twomey and O'Mahony, who would have been my preferred picks in the absence of Dalton, I would have preferred one of B. Roche at half-forward or Cotter inside.

If we're going anywhere this year, it'll be with only 1 out of Hoggie, Lehane, Seamie starting. Huge question marks again over Lehane, once summer hurling rolls around. Would love for him/them to prove most of us wrong though.
I agree but that doesn’t mean the selectors will, form will decide places
PR will need to show a more ruthless side to him, with his starting 15 and with his movements on the line/from the bench. Fingers and toes crossed he's more than up to the challenge.
Spot on

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Pa Mulqueen - Limerick

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼