Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

Mlmd says planning for border poll can be carried out in conjunction with stormont been resumed, that is one sure way the DUP will dig their heels in,

Mlmd says planning for border poll can be carried out in conjunction with stormont been resumed, that is one sure way the DUP will dig their heels in,
Does she not know that it is up to the UK Government as to when a UI poll is decided ?

This is the game, tell the morons in The Republic anything and everything to get elected into Government, hopefully at the same time they have Stormont as well and then they think they are sorted.

Not realising of course that those that voted for them especially in The Republic was based on their bullshit and bluster not on their UI aspiration.

SF/IRA = Scum

Does she not know that it is up to the UK Government as to when a UI poll is decided ?

This is the game, tell the morons in The Republic anything and everything to get elected into Government, hopefully at the same time they have Stormont as well and then they think they are sorted.

Not realising of course that those that voted for them especially in The Republic was based on their bullshit and bluster not on their UI aspiration.

SF/IRA = Scum
No problem teasing out what a UI would involve but to throw it into the mix while trying to get stormont back open is stupid. if they really wanted stormont open for business they would focus on that alone for now,

No problem teasing out what a UI would involve but to throw it into the mix while trying to get stormont back open is stupid. if they really wanted stormont open for business they would focus on that alone for now,
It has to be a game that they are playing, is it perhaps to get sympathy votes down here ?

I have posted this before.
A BP is in the gift of the SoS.
By any stretch of the imagination the direction of travel is clear.
It doesn't have to have anyone's approval - we don't have to want it - the Dublin government don't have to request it or want it.................this will be a function of demographics.

It is at least 5 years away - the current nationalist vote is 43%. In a BP the turnout is likely to be 98% +.
The issue is not whether it is going to happen - it is how, how well prepared will it have been and when.
In reality the case needs to be made to win 7% or in essence 35% of the unaligned vote. Assuming a 12-18 month campaign and it clearly mapped out - that is well doable.

Stormont up and running will happen only when the DUP get their 2 bill and CHH retrofits some kind of weighted majority or veto for SJD. I note the editorial of the Belfast Telegraph, Suzanne Breen, not usually one to favour the nationalist narrative - made it abundantly clear - you can't change the terms or rules when you are down to the wire - 50% +1 is enough to maintain the union - it is enough for reunification.

Lastly - this isn't a party political post on behalf of SF or anyone else - but as I often posted over the last while this is not about whether we want it or ask for it or whether or not SF get in to government in Dublin or not because this has vastly outgrown them................it will happen through the GFA. Hating SF is fine. But the GFA is clear - best way to get it done is by planning and discussing and agreeing up front - but it is not a pre-requisite. The Local Elections seem to have caught most on the hop I would contend even SF. I don't think they expected the numbers to stack up as they did in their wildest dreams. In a GE it is predicted there would only be 5 unionist seats out of 18. John Major came out during the week and said publishing the criteria for a BP would make sense now - and Lord John Alderdice similarly implied that in effect we are the door to joint authority if Stormont is not back soon.

This will gain pace alot sooner than people think and, I would agree, will be comfortable with.

It's only stupid if SF actually want Stormont open for business. With SF there's always a hidden agenda.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼