Cyclists

Fair play to you for posting and you are spot on, you needn't have bothered though. All you have here is just angry motorists that no one takes serious anyways. Trying to reason with people that hope cyclists end up in hospital (nothing serious, just a two week stay) or promote punishment passes is a waste of your time, they are beyond help. There were actually two more muppets here lately that tried to justified a motorist hitting and another almost hitting a cyclist in a cycle lane. This is the level of intelligence from the haters.

Disagree, that is the most sensible post in this thread in months and we could always do with more of that. People are for the most part reasonable and when presented with a reasonable post like that will tend to react positively. This in turn can encourage and create a more positive dialogue.

Let's be real though, this is an anonymous internet forum, it's never going to be a breeding ground for intelligent conversation so while wishing harm on cyclists or encouraging "punishment passes" isn't particularly funny such statements should also be taken with a giant pinch of salt. They are reactionary statements to a poster who we can all agree is fishing for exactly that.

We're not all "haters" just like not all cyclists are self righteous assholes.
More posts like @BikeCommutingIreland 's and less mentions of the crotchcamguy and the discourse in this thread would very quickly become a lot more pleasant.

Last edited:
Disagree, that is the most sensible post in this thread in months and we could always do with more of that. People are for the most part reasonable and when presented with a reasonable post like that will tend to react positively. This in turn can encourage and create a more positive dialogue.

Let's be real though, this is an anonymous internet forum, it's never going to be a breeding ground for intelligent conversation so while wishing harm on cyclists or encouraging "punishment passes" isn't particularly funny such statements should also be taken with a giant pinch of salt. They are reactionary statements to a poster who we can all agree is fishing for exactly that.

We're not all "haters" just like not all cyclists are self righteous assholes.
More posts like @BikeCommutingIreland 's and less mentions of the crotchcamguy and the discourse in this thread would very quickly become a lot more pleasant.
Most cyclists are fine. The Right to Bike guy isn't like most cyclists. Of all the people cycling on Monday he's the only one angry enough to rush after a female driver, rant in her face and threaten to go to Anglesea St. Screaming in her face. Fcuk off like. Never seen anything like it. Is it 50 times he has been in court?
And being referred to as a vigilante on a bike is normal is it? Guy goes looking for trouble. Should have a "why always me? " shirt on.

Hi Lads.
I know there is some heated debates regarding cycling in Cork on here but the vast majority of people on Bikes in Cork just want to go from A to B safely and you never hear from them.
I am worried some drivers may have developed a hatred of cyclists due to a lack of understanding of what's allowed on the road perhaps an inconsiderate rule breaking cyclist has annoyed you.
I ask that you treat everyone as an indivdual, not as a group. I drive a car and cycle in the City and there's things that p*ss me off about peoples driving and peoples cycling but I try not to become biased towards an entire group.
Sadly one persons actions seems to ruin the reputation of an entire group.

But at the end of the day we all just want to go home safely.

Oh that it were the actions of just one errant cyclist. And yes, there are absolute d**khead motorists too and some very considerate cyclists and motorists. I occasionally cycle myself and I think much of the issue is that SOME people on bikes think that no matter what has occurred the motorists are in the wrong; that everyone should look the other way for cyclists who couldn't give a stuff about the ROTR but woe betide any motorist that doesn't obey the ROTR.

There's good and bad everywhere and hopefully wiser heads will prevail but I seriously worry that some cyclist is going to be very seriously injured and the finger of blame be pointed at the motorist when the behaviour of many cyclists on the road (and footpaths) is reprehensible.

Last edited:
Dude, just to let you know, you're the biggest spammer on the board and the least funny too.

Your schtick of posting the same drivel over and over again is beyond tedious.

If you want to start a row with RightToBike why don't you head over to twitter and do so?

Or are you too afraid? 🤣

Too afraid? :rolleyes: Would you listen to yourself :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That right to bike clown has his @rse handed to him on twitter - apart from his english based fan club that he's gathered around him for help - and blocks people who politely point out the various errors of his behaviours on the road. Poor Chicken John is a chicken. :cool:

Oh that it were the actions of just one errant cyclist. And yes, there are absolute d**khead motorists too and some very considerate cyclists and motorists. I occasionally cycle myself and I think much of the issue is that SOME people on bikes think that no matter what has occurred the motorists are in the wrong; that everyone should look the other way for cyclists who couldn't give a stuff about the ROTR but woe betide any motorist that doesn't obey the ROTR.

There's good and bad everywhere and hopefully wiser heads will prevail but I seriously worry that some cyclist is going to be very seriously injured and the finger of blame be pointed at the motorist when the behaviour of many cyclists on the road (and footpaths) is reprehensible.
Totally agree. Good and bad everywhere.
I run, cycle and drive and certainly the % of entitled cyclists I encounter is higher but there are idiot runners and drivers too.
Cyclists are certainly the most confrontational and, our "friend" on twitter is another level again.
He weaves in and out of traffic dangerously, takes unnecessary risks, has thumped vehicles with his hand(& argues he was right to do so) and has confronted countless drivers. "I have you on camera, I have you on camera" is his favourite. Is almost orgasmic as he says it ffs.

Not all sociopathic bullying misogynistic cunts like Jank/AngryCrotchCamMan/Righttobikeit❤️Ukraine are cyclists.

Not all cyclists are sociopathic bullying misogynistic cunts like Jank/AngryCrotchcamMan/Righttobikeit❤️Ukraine.

He’s just a prick. Some motorists are the same. It doesn’t mean they’re all like that.

The echo sewer encourages this kind of thing. Just ignore it.

Too afraid? :rolleyes: Would you listen to yourself :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That right to bike clown has his @rse handed to him on twitter - apart from his english based fan club that he's gathered around him for help - and blocks people who politely point out the various errors of his behaviours on the road. Poor Chicken John is a chicken. :cool:
The England based fan club is bizarre.
Definitely "Brexit means Brexit" types.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Shlomo Franklin

The Richmond Revival, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼