Cyclists

There's good and bad everywhere and hopefully wiser heads will prevail but I seriously worry that some cyclist is going to be very seriously injured and the finger of blame be pointed at the motorist when the behaviour of many cyclists on the road (and footpaths) is reprehensible.

When a cyclist gets injured by a car, statistics shows that approx 85% of the time, the car driver is at fault.
Therefore its important to recognise that in most cases drivers and cars are the problem, not the random cyclist breaking a red light or a guy on Twitter.

Cyclists were getting killed by idiot drivers long before Twitter.

Totally agree. Good and bad everywhere.
I run, cycle and drive and certainly the % of entitled cyclists I encounter is higher but there are idiot runners and drivers too.
Cyclists are certainly the most confrontational and, our "friend" on twitter is another level again.
He weaves in and out of traffic dangerously, takes unnecessary risks, has thumped vehicles with his hand(& argues he was right to do so) and has confronted countless drivers. "I have you on camera, I have you on camera" is his favourite. Is almost orgasmic as he says it ffs.

"There is good and bad everywhere.."

Then proceeds to have a rant about cyclists..

Mate, cyclists arent killing people on our roads. Idiot drivers are.

"There is good and bad everywhere.."

Then proceeds to have a rant about cyclists..

Mate, cyclists arent killing people on our roads. Idiot drivers are.
As the % of idiotic cyclists is higher.
Read the post properly.
Have you ever seen a runner thump a car with his hand or sprint after a female driver and yell abuse?

As the % of idiotic cyclists is higher.
Read the post properly.
Have you ever seen a runner thump a car with his hand or sprint after a female driver and yell abuse?

Is that your gut telling you that or is there some sort of scientific basis for that number?

Ill repeat, cyclists don't kill people, drivers do.

Is that your gut telling you that or is there some sort of scientific basis for that number?

Ill repeat, cyclists don't kill people, drivers do.
I never said cyclists did or didn't kill people.
I never said motorists did or didn't kill people.
I said that I've only ever seen a certain cyclist shout and scream on the roads.
Completely unacceptable.
"I have you on camera, I have you on camera." Do you feel big shouting that?

Not true, the % of appalling drivers is off the charts.

You need to take off the blinkers.

Okidoke Roxy - I look forward to your (peer reviewed ;)) analysis of the relative percentages involved.
What % of cyclists are idiotic and what % of drivers is appalling - if you can find a bigger chart 😎

Okidoke Roxy - I look forward to your (peer reviewed ;)) analysis of the relative percentages involved.
What % of cyclists are idiotic and what % of drivers is appalling - if you can find a bigger chart 😎
What we do know is that drivers and their cars have killed 41 pedestrians last year, along with 7 cyclists.
Not one cyclist killed anyone on the road last year.

Them the facts.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Diarmuid Ó Meachair
The White Horse, Ballincollig

6th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Danny O Leary

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼