Cyclists

Good point, I love getting away from the city at the weekends, I could do so in an electric car in the future but for now it's an ICE that gets me where I want to go. It's in urban areas that the dominance of the car needs to be tackled, there is more known now about the negative effects of pollution from vehicle fumes on human health and on that basis alone we need to promote active travel more.

Sort it out in your beloved dublin first before trying to impose your diktats here in a city - much less appropriate for cycle transport given the more inclement weather and the propensity of hills - that's still devoid of a good quality and reliable public transport alternative.

Banning and removing cars or having a congestion charge is the obvious choice.
This is low-hanging fruit stuff.

Remember all the middle-class hysteria about the Pana car ban? Wasn't it shown that 99% of people driving on this street were using it to get somewhere else, i.e a commute

Oh how could they? :eek:
Imagine diving your car to get somewhere else? Whodathunkit :rolleyes:

Do you think the companies that manufacture bicycles are doing so to save the planet or to line their own pockets? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
And he couldn’t even get that right. Henry Ford did not invent the modern car. The Model T bares no resemblance to the modern car in terms of how to drive it. He invented the assembly line that made the way for mass produced cars.

Absolute cabbage.

I was recently waiting to meet my youngster by the old "dogs home" and tyre-shop on Clontarf Street. As you may know there's some kind of building going on near the bus office so there's building hoarding up on the right-hand side.

Saw a guy on a bicycle, and in fairness he actually did have a helmet on and high viz jacket but when the traffic ahead of him came to a stop he continued to pedal up to and through the junction a number of seconds after his light had gone red.

The building hoarding on his right completely obscured any view of Lower Oliver Plunkett Street but on he ploughed without even slowing. The fact that he made it through avoiding being hit by an emerging car by mere inches was probably only an after thought to him because he kept pedaling up the street and away while the driver got the fright of her life.

If these lunatic cyclists don't give a stuff about motorists, or other road-users in general, could they at least have some regard as to their own safety FFS. The life they save could very well be their own!

More Embarrassing than that attention seeking fool ?
Yes, absolutely. He posts his "attention seeking" videos for his cycling "enthusiasts" m8s to ponder over, complain and bitch about motorists. It is a double bonus that he has you and your fellow cyclist haters rattled in to oblivion as well. Giving him oxygen is what he wants, and he sure gets it here, hilariously so. Playing right into his hands like dummies.

Last edited:
Yes, absolutely. He posts his "attention seeking" videos for his cycling "enthusiasts" m8s to ponder over, complain and bitch about motorists. It is a double bonus that he has you and your fellow cyclist haters rattled in to oblivion as well. Giving him oxygen is what he wants, and he sure gets it here, hilariously so.

I've encountered people like him in various walks of life, self righteous pricks who never believe they are wrong, who the second you call them out play the victim card.

You are right, the best policy is to just ignore people like him otherwise you are giving them exactly what they want, attention.

"The insecure ones are the loudest, drawing the most attention to themselves"

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼