The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't be assuming an FFG coalition based on that result, I'd say FG would happily go into opposition and sit back and let the drama unfold with FF torn between going in with SF and staying out.

A SF government with FF on board could last one term anyway.

A huge risk for FF to go in with SF, it could finish them.

Last edited:
I'll ignore that last comment.

But I will say this. I drove to Woodies at 4:30pm yesterday and saw for myself that there was not one cyclist using the new lanes there.

I wouldn't be assuming an FFG coalition based on that result, I'd say FG would happily go into opposition and sit back and let the drama unfold with FF torn between going in with SF and staying out.

A SF government with FF on board could last one term anyway.

A huge risk for FF to go in with SF, it could finish them.
Many in FF will be mindful of what happened to PDS, LABOUR, as junior partners,

Many in FF will be mindful of what happened to PDS, LABOUR, as junior partners,

Its the end of the road for Fianna Fail if they go into coalition with Sinn Fein.

I expect the Shinners to go with a more moderate leader such as O'Broin if they cant translate their vote into a coalition.

Mary Lou & Pearse's combative approach doesn’t translate into cross party consensus

Its the end of the road for Fianna Fail if they go into coalition with Sinn Fein.

I expect the Shinners to go with a more moderate leader such as O'Broin if they cant translate their vote into a coalition.

Mary Lou & Pearse's combative approach doesn’t translate into cross party consensus
Not sure if O Broin is leadership material, but you are correct in what you say about MLMD & PD approach, it comes
across as staged and exagerrated,

Not sure if O Broin is leadership material, but you are correct in what you say about MLMD & PD approach, it comes
across as staged and exagerrated,
MLD isn't going anywhere, she'll be leader for at least the next 5 years. EOB would be too sophisticated to be leader, he wouldn't appeal to the grassroots of the party.

Expect a major push back against reducing carbon emissions if SF go into government, especially if they need the support of rural independents.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sabrina Dinan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Jason Coughlan

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼