The Kerry Babies Case

Well her being underage was a crime in itself presumably. Any number of crimes could have been perpertrated in addition.

Straightforward rape, for example. Child abuse. Are you sure all that was investigated?

Yes, her being underage constituted a crime, but what public good would have been served by charging her boyfriend with statutory rape here?

There was no evidence of rape, and without any evidence or a complaint from the victim, it would be hard to see how rape could be investigated.

Likewise with child abuse. Where would the evidence for an investigation come from?

I think that's fairly obvious. What has that to do with investigating the father of her child though?
That was not what I meant.

They had a tribunal to establish the facts of how a woman could admit to being the mother of a murdered baby on a beach despite it being scientifically impossible (wrong blood group) and then that tribunal strayed from its remit and concentrated on her morals rather than the workings of the heavy gang..
but a 15 year old can die, her baby can die in childbirth and the state can just shrug its shoulders and say ‘nothing to see here’.

Drumming out sin was more important than people’s lives.

Last edited:
That was not what I meant.

They had a tribunal to establish the facts of how a woman could admit to being the mother of a murdered baby on a beach despite it being scientifically impossible (wrong blood group) and then that tribunal strayed from its remit and concentrated on her morals rather than the workings of the heavy gang..
but a 15 year old can die, her baby can die in childbirth and the state can just shrug its shoulders and say ‘nothing to see here’.

Drumming out sin was more important than people’s lives.

You rowed in on a post that was about the father though.

Apart from that, I'm unsure as to why you are addressing this to me tbh

You rowed in on a post that was about the father though.

Apart from that, I'm unsure as to why you are addressing this to me tbh
To be honest my original post might have been badly written..

But if at all possible I would be appreciative if you put me on ignore as I think we just rub each other up the wrong way. I’ll do the same with you 👍

Yes, her being underage constituted a crime, but what public good would have been served by charging her boyfriend with statutory rape here?

There was no evidence of rape, and without any evidence or a complaint from the victim, it would be hard to see how rape could be investigated.

Likewise with child abuse. Where would the evidence for an investigation come from?
It would be best to charge him to ensure that an under age child is not defiled

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..
More events ▼