The Action Plan for Housing.

"And I can tell you are fair few scum tenants out there too" makes no sense yet, is a, "reasonable, balanced post."
Wow. Genius at work here.🤭
On my angry din dipper, read his post again. You really aren't the brightest SSB are you.
Bless. No Dutch Gold in your nearest off licence?🤭
Again, tarring people here with your own prole lifestyle. By the way, no jokes about child abuse today, what gives?

I've rented all over the world and I've rented here. Unequivocally Irish landlords and letting agencies are, by a country mile, the biggest shower of crooked c**ts I've ever encountered. Horrible, horrible classless filth of the earth scumbags.
"There is a mortgage to pay"
Boo hoo. Poor landlord has to pay for a mortgage on his house. Sell up so. Rents are far far higher now than anybody could have predicted 6,7 years ago. If you're not making money, sell up. Thank god I never have to rent again. Shoot every single landlord.
Fair play, that's 85% of rental properties gone from the market so!

Most landlords I had were decent enough skins. This whole thing about paying a mortgage is a bit of a red herring though. If you manage to break even while you are paying a mortgage then at the end of it you now have a house for "free" (I use the term loosely but financially that is the position). Not a bad end result and more power to them for doing it.

Most landlords I had were decent enough skins. This whole thing about paying a mortgage is a bit of a red herring though. If you manage to break even while you are paying a mortgage then at the end of it you now have a house for "free" (I use the term loosely but financially that is the position). Not a bad end result and more power to them for doing it.
Oh absolutely and that is why you have a lot of landlords hanging in there.

If someone came into money and bought a place mortgage free to let it out; what would the costs and overheads be??

Landlords pay for the upkeep on their property, not the tenant. For example my boiler went in November and my landlord bought a brand new one. If any work ever needs to he done on the apartment he pays someone to do it.

Plus there is property tax, solicitors fees when buying the gaff, etc (I've put etc here because I can't think of any other costs)

Landlords pay for the upkeep on their property, not the tenant. For example my boiler went in November and my landlord bought a brand new one. If any work ever needs to he done on the apartment he pays someone to do it.

Plus there is property tax, solicitors fees when buying the gaff, etc (I've put etc here because I can't think of any other costs)
Huge maintenance costs, furniture, painting etc and taxes.

Something breaks other than crockery etc and the landlord has to pay for it

I have notices an awful lot of rental properties near U.C.C. going up for sale recently as landlords are exiting the rental market in huge numbers.

Huge maintenance costs, furniture, painting etc and taxes.

Something breaks other than crockery etc and the landlord has to pay for it

I have notices an awful lot of rental properties near U.C.C. going up for sale recently as landlords are exiting the rental market in huge numbers.
Your maintenance costs really depend on your tenant. I rented for a long time and could go years without requesting the landlord to do anything.
If you are unlucky and get a nutter you could be stuck for many thousands (usually after they leave) as some can wreck a house.
Obviously all maintenance costs are tax deductible.

I'm very reluctant to contact my landlord with problems as the last thing we want to do is make him want to sell up, but something like a boiler breaking down in November couldn't be avoided. We're here close to 3 years now and he hasn't put the rent up once. Really sound guy.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼