Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I disagree on Collins but I’d be happy with a belated debut for Cathal Hickey
Cathal Hickey should be on the panel but he’s not going to be included because he’s in his early 30s afaik. He was offered 3rd goalkeeper in 2020 but declined. B.Saunderson may be the only option we have to be called up.

Everything is up in the air at the moment, lads being tried out that are also playing with their college, a few injuries and fresh faces trying to find their feet at this level. When you combine all that with new management it's difficult to judge anything too absolutely.

The style of play is a work in progress. We clearly got it wrong for most of today...either the ball in was too hopeful or the runners weren't up with the game to support the lads contesting it. All very understandable at the moment.

You also don't want to be showing your hand tactically in January.

When we got some support runners off the long direct ball near the end we put some nice moves together for both goals.

At the moment it's a very unsettled team and we won't know where we really stand till Champ kicks off. The league will be trial and error too I think while obviously trying to bed down some positions and get some results.

I would say I'm very worried about the keeper situation but everything else is a work in progess as expected.

What is promising too is that for the second week in a row the subs changed the game. We've a lot of options imo...it will be very hard to pick a game day 24 or whatever it is. Our subs bench could be very strong this year. 🤞

Everything is up in the air at the moment, lads being tried out that are also playing with their college, a few injuries and fresh faces trying to find their feet at this level. When you combine all that with new management it's difficult to judge anything too absolutely.

The style of play is a work in progress. We clearly got it wrong for most of today...either the ball in was too hopeful or the runners weren't up with the game to support the lads contesting it. All very understandable at the moment.

You also don't want to be showing your hand tactically in January.

When we got some support runners off the long direct ball near the end we put some nice moves together for both goals.

At the moment it's a very unsettled team and we won't know where we really stand till Champ kicks off. The league will be trial and error too I think while obviously trying to bed down some positions and get some results.

I would say I'm very worried about the keeper situation but everything else is a work in progess as expected.

What is promising too is that for the second week in a row the subs changed the game. We've a lot of options imo...it will be very hard to pick a game day 24 or whatever it is. Our subs bench could be very strong this year. 🤞
Very wise and true

Possible Team v Limerick

P Collins
S O Donoghue - R Downey - S O Leary Hayes
E Downey - C Joyce - E Twomey
D Cahalane - B Roche
S Twomey - C Lehane - D Dalton
R O Flynn - B Hayes - P Horgan

Thoughts?
Heard E Twomey did a hamstring. Or am I wrong? Be very quick to be back from that kind of injury.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sarah Buckley & Bróna Keogh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼