Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

That's ridiculous
Absolutely ludicrous, to take a football scholarship but to not play with the footballers team is bizarre to say the least. Surely the player would feel somewhat obliged to tog out given he’s taken the money.

I know he’s a young guy but you’d have to wonder what kind of character Hayes is with all his recent carry on.

Absolutely ludicrous, to take a football scholarship but to not play with the footballers team is bizarre to say the least. Surely the player would feel somewhat obliged to tog out given he’s taken the money.

I know he’s a young guy but you’d have to wonder what kind of character Hayes is with all his recent carry on.

You would have to wonder what type of character you are with that last sentence. U spoof some nonsense but that is below the belt.
He made a choice, which is his right. As a young man it could not have been easy. Best of luck to him.

I stand to be corrected, its a GAA scholarship and if he plays hurling with the college is that not fulfilling his obligation.
Granted it would have been given with the intention of him playing football with the college, which he still may do in 2023.
Maybe it was given to him as he is a duel player. Just a thought.

Granted it would have been given with the intention of him playing football with the college, which he still may do in 2023.
Maybe it was given to him as he is a duel player. Just a thought.
Hopefully you’re right and he does fulfil his obligations to actually play the sport he was given a scholarship for.

If not, then the whole thing stinks, that might not necessarily be Hayes’ fault but there’s something seriously amiss when a guy can get a scholarship for a sport while having no intention to play said sport.

My agenda is that UCC prefer supporting hurlers rather than Cork Footballers. I’m open for correcting but this was the only year UCC offered Powter a scholarship. UL offered him and UCC didn’t why wouldn’t he go? Let’s put it this way if Mark Coleman was about to go to UL with the same course available in UCC, he wouldn’t be left go

Powter was on a scholarship during his time in UCC. The bursaries you are talking about can be applied for individually through the Munster Council, plenty of lads and girls get them regardless of talent or grade. They are only a couple of hundred euro and nothing like full scholarships which are only given to a handful of elite, usually intercounty, players.

They are all hurling in UCC. John Grainger son got a bursary and didnt even make the sigerson panel. Powter didn’t get one and went off to UL. Same with Conor Corbett, off to UCD. Hurling and Kerry are UCCs loves.
Corbett is in DCU not UCD! DCU has an extensive sport scholarship scheme particularly Athletics (Mark English) and Football. I presume Corbett is on a sports scholarship there

Corbett is in DCU not UCD! DCU has an extensive sport scholarship scheme particularly Athletics (Mark English) and Football. I presume Corbett is on a sports scholarship there
Sorry DCU. He does have a scholarship but it shouldn’t be up to limerick or Dublin colleges offer to scholarship it should be the cork colleges trying to keep Cork Players in Cork. From my recent memory I don’t remember any cork hurler recently having to go University outside of Cork

Sorry DCU. He does have a scholarship but it shouldn’t be up to limerick or Dublin colleges offer to scholarship it should be the cork colleges trying to keep Cork Players in Cork. From my recent memory I don’t remember any cork hurler recently having to go University outside of Cork
What? If I was you, I would step away from this conversion now before you appear any more dimmer than you have so far.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Roscoe

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼