Old Cork Photos

No way, that just can not be true, lol.
The going back to check it after closing time story came from a relative who lived in Glasheen at the time and they used it to run down the RA as being not the brightest.

I would have known Jerry for a few years before the penny dropped that he had been involved with the tale my now deceased relative had told me as a child

Afaik/ remember injured
Assembling a device to officially blow up the WW1 rememberance statue on the Mall.
Unofficially it was a total different story
That happened in the 50s or earlier.
Might be in 66 even,haven got the dates

Date given as Paddys Day 1964 commemorating the 1st anniversary

If true that’s idiot of the century. Who goes back to check a bomb already primed after a few pints😂😂
U obviously don't know anything about explosive device's
Hindsight is brilliant It?

Happened all through the war here and up north and in England
Also some of the stuff they were using up to the 70s was highly unstable,
One Cork volunteer in the 70s alongside 2 others were blown to bit's by a device they were moving to a target.

U obviously don't know anything about explosive device's
Hindsight is brilliant It?

Happened all through the war here and up north and in England
Also some of the stuff they were using up to the 70s was highly unstable,
One Cork volunteer in the 70s alongside 2 others were blown to bit's by a device they were moving to a target.

Multiple provo threads 👉

OLD Pictures of Cork or eff off m8 🙄

If true that’s idiot of the century. Who goes back to check a bomb already primed after a few pints😂😂
I also have a memory of eye patch guy as a kid. It was around the summer of 85-86, Myself, brother, uncle and aul fella went to the Capwell bar after returning from a hurling match down the Pairc.

Eye patch man was in there sitting a the bar with a hand watch in one hand and a whiskey in the other. He was quite mouthy and later said something to my brother in the jacks, which I can't remember what. I do remember my aul fella going over to him and having a very stern word in his ear. Then my dad told me the story about him almost blowing himself up in St Finbarrs graveyard.

So your man went for a few pints after planting the bomb, that's quite innovative. That must make him the OG of the Southside IRA.

Im not getting into the politics of it but i am genueinely fascinated by the stories..bomb plots
I also have a memory of eye patch guy as a kid. It was around the summer of 85-86, Myself, brother, uncle and aul fella went to the Capwell bar after returning from a hurling match down the Pairc.

Eye patch man was in there sitting a the bar with a hand watch in one hand and a whiskey in the other. He was quite mouthy and later said something to my brother in the jacks, which I can't remember what. I do remember my aul fella going over to him and having a very stern word in his ear. Then my dad told me the story about him almost blowing himself up in St Finbarrs graveyard.

So your man went for a few pints after planting the bomb, that's quite innovative. That must make him the OG of the Southside IRA.
TBH I think your a very silly man, those facts are incorrect,but anyways I'm not in a pissing contest,
More importantly I've just got news I'm a grandad again of a healthy baby boy in S Armagh, though I'm claiming him for Cork, CCFC baby gro,Cork GAA outfit
And a bag of cork city earth ready to put his feet in,
Traveling up tomorrow

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Route66

Cantys, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼