The Hurling Thread

Tipperary and Offaly are facing €250 fines and a warning after an investigation into a hurling challenge between the counties in recent weeks. The GAA has prohibited challenge matches from taking place until January 1.

Must have spent all that time beside Cody with his eyes closed.

Nail on the head. Have been of the same view for years. Its a large part of the reason why Cork have struggled the past 20 years. The game has become like rugby, and we being traditionally the county most adept with regard skill, speed, flair, as opposed to just picking a load of 17 stone gym bunny's to flake the shite out of the opposition.
As I've said many times on PROC. Referees are directly to blame, but GAA upper authorities and RTE the main root cause as they have been driving the game this way for a long time.

Nail on the head. Have been of the same view for years. Its a large part of the reason why Cork have struggled the past 20 years. The game has become like rugby, and we being traditionally the county most adept with regard skill, speed, flair, as opposed to just picking a load of 17 stone gym bunny's to flake the shite out of the opposition.
As I've said many times on PROC. Referees are directly to blame, but GAA upper authorities and RTE the main root cause as they have been driving the game this way for a long time.
The throw is the greatest blight on the game today
There were big men playing since I remember

Some chancer that fogarty alright....
What in the name of God do you mean. This man has been saying this with years. Yes he was on board with Cody back the years but that doesn't prove that he was in agreement with him on these very issues. Mr Fogarty has been warning about the damage being done to the game since he became the National Hurling Development Manager.
Can you imagine the likes of Tony O Sullivan thriving in the present day hiatus of a game, with it's incessant wrap-arounds and, worse again, those godawful scrimmages.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

The Cripple of Inishmaan

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼