Deirdre Morley v Alan Hawe..

Now that you've vented maybe you'd answer the very straight forward question I asked twice already. I'll make it even more concise for you in case you couldn't see it properly through your red mist.

Had she gone down for murdering her 3 children would she be "eligible to apply for temporary release" after just 18 months?

There's no red mist at all. It's just an idiotic question. Anyone in prison can apply for temporary release, including someone convicted for murder. So yes, yes she could.

There's no red mist at all. It's just an idiotic question. Anyone in prison can apply for temporary release, including someone convicted for murder. So yes, yes she could.

😲 When was the last time someone convicted of multiple murder of children realistically applied for temporary release within 18 months?

Wonder if yer wan in the north will apply for temporary release in the summer of 2024:unsure:

😲 When was the last time someone convicted of multiple murder of children realistically applied for temporary release within 18 months?

Wonder if yer wan in the north will apply for temporary release in the summer of 2024:unsure:
I have no idea. What you asked was could she apply if she had been convicted of murder and the answer is yes. So what was the point you were trying to make?

I have no idea. What you asked was could she apply if she had been convicted of murder and the answer is yes. So what was the point you were trying to make?

The point being is if yer wan thinks it worth asking (which she clearly does), then there must be more than just a glimmer of hope of it being granted. As distinct from someone actually being convicted of murdering her own kids (like the current tragic case in the north) who wouldn't have a prayer of being released even temporarily just 18 months in to a murder sentence.

You claimed it was "Harder to get out of the central mental (for being insane when committing the killing) than any prison (having been found guilty of murdering three children)" * which wouldn't appear to be the case in this instance.

* I added the context from the page preceding your comment in brackets

The point being is if yer wan thinks it worth asking (which she clearly does), then there must be more than just a glimmer of hope of it being granted. As distinct from someone actually being convicted of murdering her own kids (like the current tragic case in the north) who wouldn't have a prayer of being released even temporarily just 18 months in to a murder sentence.

You claimed it was "Harder to get out of the central mental (for being insane when committing the killing) than any prison (having been found guilty of murdering three children)" * which wouldn't appear to be the case in this instance.

* I added the context from the page preceding your comment in brackets
That is based on stupid "logic". People apply for TR in all sorts of circumstances where they haven't a hope of getting it.

Ms Morley hasn't been released from the CMH so your argument is null and void.

It is very clear that you thought you were being clever with this line of questioning but you mixed up TR and parole and now you are casting around to try and make a point.

That is based on stupid "logic". People apply for TR in all sorts of circumstances where they haven't a hope of getting it.

Ms Morley hasn't been released from the CMH so your argument is null and void.

It is very clear that you thought you were being clever with this line of questioning but you mixed up TR and parole and now you are casting around to try and make a point.

What's clear is that you like to pontificate to others about the system and how it can never be wrong because it's the system you're in.

I'm not casting around at anything. You gave an opinion that you tried to dress up as a fact and got called on it. And Ms Morley hasn't been released YET from the CMH. The very fact that she and/or her representatives felt after just 18 months it was appropriate to apply for temporary release speaks volumes. I think it very fair to say that it wouldn't have happened had she been found guilty of murdering those three children, but of course you won't bring yourself to admit that.

What's clear is that you like to pontificate to others about the system and how it can never be wrong because it's the system you're in.

I'm not casting around at anything. You gave an opinion that you tried to dress up as a fact and got called on it. And Ms Morley hasn't been released YET from the CMH. The very fact that she and/or her representatives felt after just 18 months it was appropriate to apply for temporary release speaks volumes. I think it very fair to say that it wouldn't have happened had she been found guilty of murdering those three children, but of course you won't bring yourself to admit that.

It isn't fair to say that because people apply for TR in the early stages of prison sentences all the time.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Home In Ireland: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:30pm

More events ▼