Cyclists

Why is it a disgrace? Bus lanes make alot of sense and improves service for commuters. Do you know how many trees were removed for the Fermoy/Mitchelstown bypass, or even how many so far have been removed for the new Ringaskiddy route.
Must all road improvements be rerouted because of trees? That makes no cost sense at all.

Trees removed for bike lanes and bus lanes have feelings.

Meanwhile, a whole forest of trees numbering in the thousands is being cleared to make way for the M28 (a project I support by the way). Not much of a peep from the usual resident idiots about that.

This is the lie that people spout.

They say they are not against Bus lanes just cycle lanes, yet if there was no cycle lanes included in the plan, they would pick something else to moan about it.
Simply put they want the status quo, yet will quip and moan about the traffic getting worse.
Clearly, these people are slow.

According to *ank there weren't going to be as many as the reported number of trees cut down to facilitate cycling in from places like Carrigaline at the expense of those living in the city.

Tough titty *ank. 😇

Speaking of Carrigaline, do you know how many trees are going to be cut down on the M28 project?
Or do you only care about some trees and not others?

As an aside, as the BusConnects plan isn't formalised yet, no one knows for sure how many trees are going to be removed.

Great idea, and if the money was ring-fenced for upkeep of cycle lanes I don't think even the lycra-loonies could complain.

A great idea that is not implemented anywhere else in the world.
Only idiots, fools, and the uneducated would think that's a good idea.
Maybe you are all three?

"Same logic" - what a langer :rolleyes: How many pedestrians have wheels installed and pose a danger to other pedestrians if they collide with them?

Since you asked, how many pedestrians are injured by cyclists in Ireland? Since this is such a big concern, perhaps you have data to back up your idea.

If pedestrians demanded and were given a space in the traffic lanes for their use as well as the footpaths then you'd have the same logic. But pedestrians don't demand to have a set aside area

Another soundy special.

I guess a footpath is not a part of the public realm now is it?
Don't we have fully pedestrianised streets?

The amount of childish shite you spout for someone who actually works for a living is astounding.

Why is it a disgrace? Bus lanes make alot of sense and improves service for commuters. Do you know how many trees were removed for the Fermoy/Mitchelstown bypass, or even how many so far have been removed for the new Ringaskiddy route.
Must all road improvements be rerouted because of trees? That makes no cost sense at all.
Gas, all the false sentiment about cutting a few trees. Cut the tree and plant it elsewhere. There would be no progress if we listened to these ghouls.

Gas, all the false sentiment about cutting a few trees. Cut the tree and plant it elsewhere. There would be no progress if we listened to these ghouls.
This issue here is purely cyclist hate. They can't see past the benefits of bus lanes to commuters because of them being cycle lanes as well. It's a nonsense stance to take. Trees are cut down regularly for road improvements, never seen anyone complain.

Has a close call last monday night @ 6pm approx on the |Mardyke with a person on a motorised scooter.I was heading up by the cricket grounds and had seen the scooter in the middle of the road speeding towards me,i pulled in to the footpath and slowed down ,who ever was on the scooter passed me with less that a foot to spare.
If he/she would have hit me he/she would have damaged my car,hurt himself/herself, broke thes scooter and the possibility of the guards being called.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

29th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼