Marina Market to go BANG?

The black market erected a large sin on the Monahan road opposite the premises. I understand that there was no application for its errection. Guys you better get a retention notice in quick as this will delay enforcement by the city council.
An unplanned erection you say?
Hmmmmm…..

When you read through the reasons, it's perfectly reasonable to refuse. The quay and side roads in around it in the docks are a fucking mess with the parking, and danger issues flagged are fair. It's very unclear down there who's land you're on and where can and can't throw the car. The place isn't set up to cope with crowds being drawn by the market.

Solution here is probably to cut off any customer access to the market from the quay at least, and everyone has to come in from Centre Park Road. Parking needs to be minimal - if you're going there, you're walking or cycling.

The Goulding's site comment could be one that does kill it though. That one blows any plans for that part of the Docklands out of the water for years if a solution isn't found.

The City Council should have been well on top of this before any application went in. They've seen success of the place, and the benifit it has for their plans for the Docklands. At the very least, they'd want to be proactive about assisting with alternative premise if it does go to the wall - a lot of businesses and jobs at risk overt this.

It's similar to the farce up river at Alberts Quay, with new office developments faced in by massive stacks of logs. No firm transition plan in place for the docks while they're both developing and operating as docks.

This type of talk is the language of the gutter.this has no place on this serious topic.
I’m not the one talking about melted chocolate and women placing massive sausages into tight little rolls before slathering luscious melted cheese all over them down the docks now, am I?

When you read through the reasons, it's perfectly reasonable to refuse. The quay and side roads in around it in the docks are a fucking mess with the parking, and danger issues flagged are fair. It's very unclear down there who's land you're on and where can and can't throw the car. The place isn't set up to cope with crowds being drawn by the market.

Solution here is probably to cut off any customer access to the market from the quay at least, and everyone has to come in from Centre Park Road. Parking needs to be minimal - if you're going there, you're walking or cycling.

The Goulding's site comment could be one that does kill it though. That one blows any plans for that part of the Docklands out of the water for years if a solution isn't found.

The City Council should have been well on top of this before any application went in. They've seen success of the place, and the benifit it has for their plans for the Docklands. At the very least, they'd want to be proactive about assisting with alternative premise if it does go to the wall - a lot of businesses and jobs at risk overt this.

It's similar to the farce up river at Alberts Quay, with new office developments faced in by massive stacks of logs. No firm transition plan in place for the docks while they're both developing and operating as docks.

I think that’s the point: there appears to have been no application. They started trading during Covid when rules on outdoor dining and the like were far more relaxed.
The seweso directive will do for them.

I think that’s the point: there appears to have been no application. They started trading during Covid when rules on outdoor dining and the like were far more relaxed.
The seweso directive will do for them.
I think you are correct. The place started trading and put in what was in effect a retention notice which has now being processed and has been turned down.
That appears to be a perfectly legal approach and don't dismiss TCNB as I understand in addition to his engineering degree he may also have a degree in law.

Gouldings are planning on moving out anyway in the near future as the Port moves East

O'Callaghan Properties are putting 1,000 apartments in there

Last edited:
I think a few people will mosey down there today and judge for themselves was the council's decision correct.
I think this will result in supporting letters to retain the present set up whether planning issues are sorted or not

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Casey Black

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼