2022 Senior A football

Am I way off the mark thinking Micheals were lucky it was Knocknagree were the opposition today, it took them a long time to get things right and it felt like that they were only a few more minutes away of more of the shocking stuff they produced in the 1st 10 min before they went down the wormhole?

Delighted they won but couldn't believe what I was watching for a while at the start tbh
Knocknagree were poor. Away off par.

I felt from watching the game that Knocknagree played big into their hands. On the day St Michaels were by far the better unit but Knocknagree couldnt get going at all. They played Eoghan mcSweeney too deep and was no threat as a result.

They tried to make Michael's choke essentially, sat back and hoped they would make mistakes. Which Michael's did do early in the first half kicking awful wides. Full credit for the win though dominated the second half. They are well capable of doing well at premier as well if they can keep that side together. No doubt they will get a few lads back also.

Knocnagree probably lucky enough to be in the final, came thorough the easier side of the knockout stages doubtful if they would have beaten Dohenys or Donovan Rossa
qualified on just 2 points just beat Fermoy in the group stage

I am not sure about that. They got there on merit. They came from Junior in 2017 to being a game away to playing Premier Senior Football. They won the games that mattered but agree weren't at St Michaels level at all in the final. The last times they played Dohenys, and St Michaels they werent too far off beating them. The final was a step too far for them though. Knocknagree got alot wrong on the day and probably will drop back down to Intermediate in the coming years as they haven't enough good players coming through.

I am not sure about that. They got there on merit. They came from Junior in 2017 to being a game away to playing Premier Senior Football. They won the games that mattered but agree weren't at St Michaels level at all in the final. The last times they played Dohenys, and St Michaels they werent too far off beating them. The final was a step too far for them though. Knocknagree got alot wrong on the day and probably will drop back down to Intermediate in the coming years as they haven't enough good players coming through.
At same time you have to be the worst out of 12 to drop down. There are plenty of teams that are able to hang on by winning one game a year. Knock might be up there for a while yet.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼