Cork Footballers

No doubting the strength of a few of the city clubs but anyone saying West Cork isn’t the home of football is deluded.

Clon would have at least 8 players on a west cork team. The prospect of combining a few of the Clon backs with the Haven forwards is frightening.

In reality Clon would have 6 starters on the cork team if John Cleary had any sense.
The 2 whites, Clancy, shanley, Liam O’Donovan and David Lowney would start for 90% of intercounty teams and if Cleary had the balls to get rid of a few Douglas lads who add nothing to the team then he might be able to entice these guys back into the fold.
Hi Travis

Very good indeed. Travis appears to be a figure of fun around here so I won’t align myself entirely with him although we do share the same club.

Saying that, he does make a fair point about the quality of footballers we have in Clon currently. Unfortunately we just don’t have anywhere near the strength in depth of the Barrs or Nemo. Probably a indictment of the underage system to be honest as we aren’t lacking in numbers but we aren’t getting enough through to senior level consistently.

Very good indeed. Travis appears to be a figure of fun around here so I won’t align myself entirely with him although we do share the same club.

Saying that, he does make a fair point about the quality of footballers we have in Clon currently. Unfortunately we just don’t have anywhere near the strength in depth of the Barrs or Nemo. Probably a indictment of the underage system to be honest as we aren’t lacking in numbers but we aren’t getting enough through to senior level consistently.
All his own doing Fox, steer well clear 😀

Sean and Mark white should be and hopefully Liam O Donovan be back on panel injury free.
Absolutely they should be, along with Tom Clancy, David Lowney and perhaps Joe Grimes. Unfortunately it won’t happen as management are unwilling to grasp the nettle and get rid a number of Douglas players who are intent on creating friction with the Clon lads.

A half back line of Liam Donovan, Powter (the only Douglas man I’d keep) and Sean white would be as good as anything in the country, couple that with Shanley and Clancy (maybe even Dan Peet) in the full back line and we’d really be motoring.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Silence (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 4:30pm

More events ▼