the official betting thread.

Good value. Up to 7/2 for the BTTS mixed in. Doesn't feel like it'll be a 0-0.

Having a little nibble on these. Liverpool centre-backs have been getting their heads on a lot of set-pieces recently.

1665329172414.png

Any idea what's going on with WC Winner / Golden Boot bets for the WC?

None of the bookies look to have a market up for them as a double & the few I've tried don't allow me to combine them in a double.

Are they waiting for final squads to be announced?

None of the bookies look to have a market up for them as a double & the few I've tried don't allow me to combine them in a double.

They don't usually allow doubles so to speak IIRC. They price them up individually.

For instance Brazil Neymar 10/1
Brazil/Messi 20/1 etc

They usually have those as part of the specials.

I didn't realise Serge Aurier was back in the PL (already booked too). Will keep an eye on his to be booked odds going forward.

They don't usually allow doubles so to speak IIRC. They price them up individually.

For instance Brazil Neymar 10/1
Brazil/Messi 20/1 etc

Gotcha. Looks like they've just not got around to pricing up those combinations yet - perhaps they are waiting on the final squads to drop, or they want to limit the risk associated with their odds going stale if a fancied striker gets injured in a league game in the build up?

If anyone spots the paired Winner/Golden Boot market when it appears give me a shout. I think it would be a good one to hit early (y)

I see Skybet have a market where you can back either team A or team B to win the WC. France are 5/1 outright and Brazil and 9/2 outright.

As a pair "Brazil or France win" they are 2/1, which is a sneaky way to use convenience to shaft the punter.

If you compare £10 on the pair vs a split stake £5 on each of them seperately you'd have £2.50 (25% of your stake) less of a return with the paired bet if Brazil ended up winning.

I didn't realise Serge Aurier was back in the PL (already booked too). Will keep an eye on his to be booked odds going forward.

Me either...and thought the exact same thing when I checked the result / scorers / cards. He's the loosest of cannons.

You should be careful with the top scorer market too. Some bookies bet on top goalscorer and dead heat rules apply and others bet on golden Boot winner (sky I think but not certain)

Stanley racing used to have a shop in Olly plunkett Street. Think it was the 2002 world cup I did back Bastistuta and Argentina double at 66/1 ish in a double just using single odds combined. Asked the guy behind the counter if I could and he saw no problem with it. Didn't win obviously, but it would have been interesting if it did I'd say.

You should be careful with the top scorer market too. Some bookies bet on top goalscorer and dead heat rules apply and others bet on golden Boot winner (sky I think but not certain)

You're spot on with that. I expect that when they craft the country+player combos they'll probably use the "golden boot" terminology more often than not.

I found a market for this with Unibet, but they only have 5 pairs and the odds are awful. Take Kane for example:

He's 8/1 with them for "top goalscorer" yet only 11/1 for an England/Kane "golden boot" combo (...where he could be joint top goalscorer and still lose out due to fewer assists).

The odds of Eng winner & Kane top scorer seperately would be 84.5/1. I appreciate that these two are related markets, but shaving it down as low as 11/1 seems excessive. I can't think of anyone in their right mind who would take that bet.

1665484082838.png

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼