2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Yerra ‘twas only handbag stuff 😂
I wasn’t even 10 years old and I remember it like yesterday still. You could actually hear the thids with someone being hit and players were just tearing shreds off each other. Blood on nearly every jersey and they ran out of stiches so many were cut.
I never still seen anything like it since not even close.
I remember walking past the beamish room after and players from both sides were in there downing pints and having the craic.
We lost and Barr’s played Ballyhea in the final and Ballyhea requested to change jerseys for the final in case the Barr’s mistook them for a magpie 😂
Christy Ryan RIP and Sean O Brien were the only 2 sent off . Probably the ref was shaking too much to write because it should have been 10
I can go back a bit further
Rem UCC v Blackrock in early 70's...tough men then!

The 2 Boylans on the Midleton team were well able to look after themselves and their opponents.
There was 3 blueballs. Mike John and Dave. They were originally Dungourney but played with Midleton 3 great athletes and Dave ( doctor) transferred to Claughan I think first in Limerick but now with Na Piarsaigh of Limerick with Conor Boylan being the son .
On the final I still find it impossible to call it and as a neutral that’s the most important aspect imo.
TOT maybe disagrees with me and that’s very far where he pointed out Newtown were the dominant in ways during the noughties but it was maybe the rise of Imokilly from middle 90’s had a big impact on that success and Avhondu winning also.
It’s just so important imo that the city clubs are not only doing well but also being successful because that means success for Cork with the with our history it takes a lot of clubs being competitive to kick us on county wise and I just really enjoyed this year because anything could happen in many games.
Whoever the ref is I hope he has a great game and just let it play out. I am so on the fence I will go draw. Someone please tell me there will be no penalty BS if they actually get to that stage.
I really would love to go to this game. But I will be watching for definite .
Good luck lads on both sides.

There was 3 blueballs. Mike John and Dave. They were originally Dungourney but played with Midleton 3 great athletes and Dave ( doctor) transferred to Claughan I think first in Limerick but now with Na Piarsaigh of Limerick with Conor Boylan being the son .
On the final I still find it impossible to call it and as a neutral that’s the most important aspect imo.
TOT maybe disagrees with me and that’s very far where he pointed out Newtown were the dominant in ways during the noughties but it was maybe the rise of Imokilly from middle 90’s had a big impact on that success and Avhondu winning also.
It’s just so important imo that the city clubs are not only doing well but also being successful because that means success for Cork with the with our history it takes a lot of clubs being competitive to kick us on county wise and I just really enjoyed this year because anything could happen in many games.
Whoever the ref is I hope he has a great game and just let it play out. I am so on the fence I will go draw. Someone please tell me there will be no penalty BS if they actually get to that stage.
I really would love to go to this game. But I will be watching for definite .
Good luck lads on both sides.
No penalties fin, finals go to replays

My dad told me he was at a glen v UCC game years ago and Ring absolutely creased a UCC player,
seemingly the UCC player was causing trouble for the glen so Ring decided to put a stop to his gallop.

I was at that game. Guy playing for UCC I think was from Limerick. Think his nick-name might have been Beefy? Anyway he was having a fine game and seriously troubling the Glen but Christy hit him with as sweet a shoulder as you'll see. Completely knocked the stuffing out of yer man and it wasn't a foul. Happened down the Blackrock end on about the 40.

Ringy, quite accidentally, got
absolutely reefed in one of the great Glen / UCC matches in the mid 60s.

UCC had a team back in the day that weren't a bit shy. And of course the Andrew Flynn incident involved UCC too in a game where there was an amount of skullduggery from both sides

The 2 Boylans on the Midleton team were well able to look after themselves and their opponents.
Always thought Mick was just dirty but wasn't every full-back in the country at that stage I suppose. John was a big lad but never used his physicality as much as he should have. Denis Mul still my favourite magpie, hard as nails.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Prophet Song: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼