Cork Footballers

I'd prefer to see Cathal Maguire run up and down the field at wing forward if it meant Danno could go back to 11 or into the full forward line for a start!
Agree Cathal Maguire would be your ideal work horse...might be worth looking at Hayes (Mallow) and Desmond (Cill Na Martra) as a full forward both would be a bit off the conditioning for inter county at the moment but with a bit of work they could off something going forward....Size is a big issue for this cork team

What prospects have Cork to add to the squad for the coming season going on club games?
Ballincollig had a centre forward, his name escapes me but was very impressed with him against Valleys.

Niall Hartnett if he’s not involved should also get brought in. Saw him twice this year and is well able

Brian O Driscoll another who divides opinion but based on recent performances has been going well.

Would agree with above poster about E Twomey, he’s looked superb but think he’s better off going with the hurlers.

Ballincollig had a centre forward, his name escapes me but was very impressed with him against Valleys.

Niall Hartnett if he’s not involved should also get brought in. Saw him twice this year and is well able

Brian O Driscoll another who divides opinion but based on recent performances has been going well.

Would agree with above poster about E Twomey, he’s looked superb but think he’s better off going with the hurlers.
Ballincollig center forward is Liam O Connell. He was playing with this year's u20 and eligible to play again next year. Very athletic and tall but his football needs to improve and it will in time hopefully

I would bring Brian O'Driscoll back in at the start of the season. If not for anything else but to offer incentive to club players and those with divisional teams that there is another route to getting on a Cork squad other than coming directly from Cork u20s. If found to be not good enough again then get rid no harm done

I would bring Brian O'Driscoll back in at the start of the season. If not for anything else but to offer incentive to club players and those with divisional teams that there is another route to getting on a Cork squad other than coming directly from Cork u20s. If found to be not good enough again then get rid no harm done
You sound like you’ve watched BOD play a lot with his club and Carbery this year, have you?

How did he fare at the weekend? And how did he look for Caheragh against Argideen Rangers? Presumably he impressed you.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼