2022 Premier Senior Hurling

On the whole divisions/colleges thing, here's a lis

On the whole divisions/colleges thing, here's a list of non Cork players who sought permission at the August meeting of CCB to play county championship with UCC. The rational being if they came through the divisional/colleges section they'd be available to college to play in a quarter final last weekend. While I don't agree with divisions participating in our county championship, this is a whole different level of farce altogether.

View attachment 15061
I don't have much of a problem with the Divisions, especially now that Senior A is in place and there can only be 1 of Imokilly or UCC get through to the quarter finals, on balance it's a plus for Cork hurling, and without it I think you'd have a lot more Shane O'Regan type transfers.
But for UCC or CIT the Cork CB should put in place a by law that any player, playing senior club hurling in another Liam McCarthy county is not eligible - thereby leaving Kerry lads, and the odd Offally / Laois fella free to play with UCC/CIT, depending on their status in that years InterCo championship.

They will have to put a cross up in a wall in the Glen Club because this week TheOTT has finally addressed Red&Blue's complete bias towards his own club on this website. Keep up the good work TheOTT. 👏👍
Are you okay? You seem a little obsesseb with me, no worries though because at least it keeps you from attacking juveniles online from behind your keyboard, braveheart tramp.
👍👍

I don't have much of a problem with the Divisions, especially now that Senior A is in place and there can only be 1 of Imokilly or UCC get through to the quarter finals, on balance it's a plus for Cork hurling, and without it I think you'd have a lot more Shane O'Regan type transfers.
But for UCC or CIT the Cork CB should put in place a by law that any player, playing senior club hurling in another Liam McCarthy county is not eligible - thereby leaving Kerry lads, and the odd Offally / Laois fella free to play with UCC/CIT, depending on their status in that years InterCo championship.
Maybe the CCB need to have a word with Dr Con about drafting in a team of non Cork players during the championship.

It would be better to try and improve the championship by tweeking the player eligibility criteria like explained above. (I don't know what's stopping the CCB from doing this.........)
It would make more sense to do this instead of just shooting the Colleges / Divisions at every opportunity every year.

Ah right, they basically couldn’t be arsed unless they can play with the big boys? Great reason to keep them alright
I'm sure they want to compete at the top. Is that not what it's all about.
Running off a few divisional games against each other in the middle of summer and handing out a trophy would be pretty meaningless unless they could enter the championship proper.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

The Cliffords

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼