• Kilmurry

• Aghinagh

• St Mary's

• Tadhg MacCarthaighs

• Douglas

• Kilworth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
The rest of West Cork will be happy with the Caheragh result. They can't get over the line whatever it is.

There is absolutely an imbalance with the new premier grade. Not sure if promoting every divisional winner was the right call. It will take a good few years for it to balance out.
I wondered why that was until the end of the game, Caheragh became very petulant getting red, yellow & black cards in the last 10 minutes - and I saw a few more incidents that went unpunished that were committed close to & in full view of the officials which was disappointing. Two of them looked very young and maybe were a bit intimidated by the occasion but it could have gone out of control if Argideen took the bait and responded which to be fair to them they didn't.

One of the Driscolls got a straight red card towards the end of the game, will that have any bearing on his involvement with Carbery v Ballincollig on Sunday night in the PSFC?

Last edited:
Was the ref Shane Scanlon? From Newcestown I’d be loathe to criticise him as I’d have great time for a young man taking on such a role especially with the abuse that comes with it. Will be a great ref in time. Only 23/24 I think

Was the ref Shane Scanlon? From Newcestown I’d be loathe to criticise him as I’d have great time for a young man taking on such a role especially with the abuse that comes with it. Will be a great ref in time. Only 23/24 I think

Would agree fair play to him. Have seen him ref a few games at high levels now and he’s done quite well. A thankless job nonetheless

Upcmoming fixtures, 3 finals up for decision on Sunday;

Saturday 17/9:

Ballinhassig vs Shamrocks 5PM @ Crosshaven (SF)

Sunday 18/9:

Brian Dillons vs St. Michael's 2.30PM @ Ballinlough (F)

Buttevant vs Charleville 3PM @ Churchtown (F)

Castlemartyr vs Cobh 3PM @ Caherlag (F)

Ballygarvan vs Kinsale 3.30PM @ Belgooly (SF)

Sunday 25/9

Argideen vs St James 3.30PM @ Ahiohill (F)

Ballygarvan/Kinsale vs Ballinhassig/Shamrocks @ TBC (F)

Urhan, Cullen and Kilmurry all through to QFs

Kilmurry favourites for the county this year naturally and I think they’ll do well next year also, though I’d be very interested in seeing how they’d fare against someone like the Barrs first day out, with lads on the fringe of the senior squad, would be an interesting test I think.
Interestingly after Uibh Laoire when went up to Intermediate last year their first championship game was against the Barrs and they won by 6 points.
Kilmurry could take the same projected line as Uibh Laoire if they keep that squad together. If they keep putting one foot in front of the other they should be rattling junior county this year and Premier Junior next year.
Funny to think you could win two counties in a row and only find yourself as an Intermediate team 2 years later

They’re well able to compete for both for sure and if they do both they could be representing Cork in Munster back to back. Junior A does seem to be such a bottleneck, that once you can get out of there it seems to get easier at times almost, the intermediate grades have a fair few sides that got stuck up there years back and couldn’t get relegated then.

Think the 5 county wide grades will work well going forward once they even out. Divisions still need some fixing next though. Still all in favour of opening Junior A and beyond into countywide championships with multiple sides up and down each year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Please! Club Night

The Pavilion, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼