• Kilmurry

• Aghinagh

• St Mary's

• Tadhg MacCarthaighs

• Douglas

• Kilworth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I seen on Facebook East Cork Final Castlemartyr and Cobh is being played this coming Sunday. Obviously a hurling stronghold but does anyone know the level these teams are playing at? Reality is the winner will be playing Premier Junior next year, will they be able to compete at that grade?

Think the idea of 2 up, 2 down for the next 2-3 years is nearly essential to correct imbalances between the two grades, Premier Junior and Junior A.

I seen on Facebook East Cork Final Castlemartyr and Cobh is being played this coming Sunday. Obviously a hurling stronghold but does anyone know the level these teams are playing at? Reality is the winner will be playing Premier Junior next year, will they be able to compete at that grade?

Think the idea of 2 up, 2 down for the next 2-3 years is nearly essential to correct imbalances between the two grades, Premier Junior and Junior A.
Ya you'd imagine the likes of Cullen, Urhan, Cobh/Castlemartyr wont survive for long up there...if St James win Carbery they might do well up the grade but have an ageing team that might count against them...

I agree... if they’re good enough then they will stay up. If not the imbalance will be sorted much quicker

Ya you'd imagine the likes of Cullen, Urhan, Cobh/Castlemartyr wont survive for long up there...if St James win Carbery they might do well up the grade but have an ageing team that might count against them...

To be fair to Cullen & Urhan it would be their first sport and would be all they are focusing on. Cullen, in particular, would be looking forward to local derbies with Millstreet & Ballydesmond.

Cobh were junior B recently and GAA in that town seems to struggle. Castlemartyr will have eyes firmly on the hurling so might suit them to stay within Imokilly rather than have football games the week after/before hurling fixtures

Hopefully county quarter/semi finals will give us a good indication of the different levels teams are at for next years premier junior

Wouldn’t say it was poor, just not a huge amount of life to it. Not a bad game at all. Most of the crowd was from Buttevant I’d say :D
Would agree on that crowd wise, a bit more of a vocal support on both sides and it really would have had people a bit more excited. It was good quality in my book, a lot of teams in the grade above would struggle against both these sides if they did half as much football training as they do. I think it will be a decent final. Buttevant have some lovely forwards but think Charleville are a better balanced team unit and should have enough.

Cobh are going very well in the football this year. Were playing u18 premier 1 football last year. I’d imagine they'd win the final Sunday.

Last edited:
To be fair I thought Argideen were superb all things considered - if they were beaten there would have been a riot, I thought they were playing 16 men for the night as far as I could see from the very 1st minute, the ref played 7 min injury time and gave a very dubious penalty last kick of the game to Caheragh to equalise. His performance was incredible to watch tbh, he looked very young.

Argideen kept Caheragh to one score in the first half, and picked them off in the 2nd half, some effort for a small club 72hrs after being knocked out of the hurling, look like a very young side.

From a Cork point of view, Brian O'Driscoll was almost anonymous tonight, maybe be better judged next Sunday night v Ballincollig.
A neutral would nearly have to favour argideen in the final .

To be fair to Cullen & Urhan it would be their first sport and would be all they are focusing on. Cullen, in particular, would be looking forward to local derbies with Millstreet & Ballydesmond.

Cobh were junior B recently and GAA in that town seems to struggle. Castlemartyr will have eyes firmly on the hurling so might suit them to stay within Imokilly rather than have football games the week after/before hurling fixtures
So hard to tell how it’ll go next year and I think it makes for an interesting grade to be honest next year, Argideen were Junior B recently too, even more so than Cobh and they now seem to be flying it in a stronger division, wouldn’t be able to call the Carbery final personally, slightly fancy James’.

Urhan are an odd one and the extra games for an exclusively football club could suit them and could be competitive, gave Boherbue a good rattle last year and don’t see them as miles off the other divisional winners, just lack the games come championship.

Cullen I think will do alright, some of the sides coming down like Ballydesmond are struggling big time and ageing, Cullen were comfortably above the rest of Duhallow this year and won’t really fear anyone else there.

Kilmurry favourites for the county this year naturally and I think they’ll do well next year also, though I’d be very interested in seeing how they’d fare against someone like the Barrs first day out, with lads on the fringe of the senior squad, would be an interesting test I think.

Fancy Charleville, St. James, Kinsale, Cobh and St Michaels to take the remaining places, but won’t be surprised to be wrong.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

21st Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Underground Ovation: Open Deck Night

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼