the official betting thread.

I see Andy Robertson is out for the Scotland v Ireland game Saturday week. I checked the odds and Ireland are 5/2 with PP. Ireland beat them in Dublin in June 3-0. Worth a punt imo.

Following up on this

On and off. I've got far too many betting podcasts lined up to possibly keep up with. A decent problem to have though.

Send some recommendations my way please.

You've probably got a lot of these on rotation already? But might be a couple of new ones for interest

No way I could keep up with all of these, so tend to scan the description & listen to the ones which look promising

General theory / systems podcasts

Business of Betting
Football Betting Podcasts (good for lower league UK games)
Inside Betting (w/ Matthew Trenhaile - no new episodes in over 1yr, but good back catalog)
The Bashcast
The Smart Betting Club podcast
Trademate Sports Betting Podcast

Weekly tips style podcasts

Matchbook Betting Podcast
Oddschecker Betting Show (tend to listen to the ante-post style ones)
Pinnacle Podcast (tend to listen to the ante-post style ones)
Betfair Betting Podcast
The Trampled Bet Football Betting Podcast

Others (some are more investment/trading than betting)

The Boxing Betting Show
Gambling with an Edge (mostly vegas related, but occasional nugget around US sports betting)
Chat with Traders
Risk of Ruin
The "I hung up on Warren Buffett" podcast

Saw this on twitter, and went and had a look on oddschecker. The disparity in prices is enormous. He's as good as 7.0 with Unibet, and as low as 1.91 with PP/BF (I checked as sometimes Oddschecker is wrong).

There is no way there should be that difference in price, so I think some set of traders must have no idea what they're doing? He's 5.5 on the exchange.

I backed him at 6.0 with 365 fwiw.

If old man milner starts I'll be all over him again at 5.5 too. Ajax's quick slick passing will have the 93 year old chasing shadows methinks.

Following up on this

You've probably got a lot of these on rotation already? But might be a couple of new ones for interest

No way I could keep up with all of these, so tend to scan the description & listen to the ones which look promising

General theory / systems podcasts

Business of Betting
Football Betting Podcasts (good for lower league UK games)
Inside Betting (w/ Matthew Trenhaile - no new episodes in over 1yr, but good back catalog)
The Bashcast
The Smart Betting Club podcast
Trademate Sports Betting Podcast

Weekly tips style podcasts

Matchbook Betting Podcast
Oddschecker Betting Show (tend to listen to the ante-post style ones)
Pinnacle Podcast (tend to listen to the ante-post style ones)
Betfair Betting Podcast
The Trampled Bet Football Betting Podcast

Others (some are more investment/trading than betting)

The Boxing Betting Show
Gambling with an Edge (mostly vegas related, but occasional nugget around US sports betting)
Chat with Traders
Risk of Ruin
The "I hung up on Warren Buffett" podcast
Cheers Phil, there's a good few of those there I'm not aware of . Only found out Tom Brownlee does the Bashcast this morning on twitter btw.

Saw this on twitter, and went and had a look on oddschecker. The disparity in prices is enormous. He's as good as 7.0 with Unibet, and as low as 1.91 with PP/BF (I checked as sometimes Oddschecker is wrong).

That's tasty alright. Will have a nibble.

Surprised to see Daley Blind is a big price (7/1 with Unibet, 13/2 with B365).

If you backed Timber, Blind & Milner seperately with even stakes you'd be in profit if any of the 3 saw a card. Looks tempting. 250/1 the trio ;-)

That's tasty alright. Will have a nibble.

Surprised to see Daley Blind is a big price (7/1 with Unibet, 13/2 with B365).

If you backed Timber, Blind & Milner seperately with even stakes you'd be in profit if any of the 3 saw a card. Looks tempting. 250/1 the trio ;-)
Yeah, that treble might be worth a euro or two alright if Milner starts.

Only thing I can think of is some books want to be seen to be offering the market but couldn't be bothered to do a proper risk assessment on certain (or all) players.
Yeah, that makes sense.

Another thing I've noticed this season, despite originally not looking to do Anytime goalscorers is 365 have made a huge effort to be best prce or near best price on major football matches. Sky and the exchange are their only real competition on a huge number of players.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Dr Herringbone Dread

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼