The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

Cashel Palace. 9/10. I'm deducting a mark because they forgot a drinks order at one stage and for a place of that calibre they really shouldn't be forgetting anything! That is being a bit niggly though.

I was there with a big group so it was a set menu- cured salmon, white onion soup, monkfish, beef, and a dark chocolate and pear dessert. I could not find fault with anything that was served. I'm not much of a salmon fan, but even allowing for that I ate it all.

Staff were generally very attentive without being overbearing, and generally went above and beyond to make sure we were well looked after.

It is a beautiful looking place, amazing grounds, lovely artwork etc.

Wasn't footing the bill so can't comment on value for money.

Cashel Palace. 9/10. I'm deducting a mark because they forgot a drinks order at one stage and for a place of that calibre they really shouldn't be forgetting anything! That is being a bit niggly though.

I was there with a big group so it was a set menu- cured salmon, white onion soup, monkfish, beef, and a dark chocolate and pear dessert. I could not find fault with anything that was served. I'm not much of a salmon fan, but even allowing for that I ate it all.

Staff were generally very attentive without being overbearing, and generally went above and beyond to make sure we were well looked after.

It is a beautiful looking place, amazing grounds, lovely artwork etc.

Wasn't footing the bill so can't comment on value for money.
fair review..
what did you make of the €15 for tea and scones story that was out about it last yr? can't remember the finer details about it.. something about scones being small and garden furniture

fair review..
what did you make of the €15 for tea and scones story that was out about it last yr? can't remember the finer details about it.. something about scones being small and garden furniture
My mother went there for tea and a scone with a friend last summer. It was €15, but for that she got 3 small scones (with butter, cream and jam) and a pot of tea. She felt it was quite good value given that you get to hang out in such beautiful surroundings. They were there for well over an hour and no one rushed them or made them feel like they needed to get out once they finished eating.

Now, it was raining the day they were there, maybe on fine days it was served outside, but I took a walk around the gardens when I was there, and to be honest, I wouldn't consider it a hardship to take my tea and scones out there on a sunny day!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths
The White Horse, Ballincollig

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Soviet Milk (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼