• Ballinascarthy

• Passage

• Ballymartle

• Clonakilty

• Banteer

• Harbour Rovers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Shanballymore played harbour rovers they had at a guess here 8 to 9 players in their 40's correct me by all means if I am wrong . ..
The u20s and minors etc play with harbour rovers at juvenile level too ... Just a thought Surely Castletownroche and shanballymore would be a better fit for both clubs
I saw Shanballymore play a few weeks ago v Fermoy and they only had one 40 year old playing. A couple of more 40 year olds were unused subs. Great servants and hurlers in their day. But their age profile is getting a bit younger again. They joined with Glanworth underage and it is proving good to them. I'd give them more of a chance to survive than Doneraile or Castletownroche.

Results from Avondhu:

Killavullen 2-27 Castletownroche 1-11
Harbour Rovers 3-22 Shanballymore 0-13
Kilshannig 3-18 Buttevant 3-15
Araglen 3-13 Fermoy 3-11

You've got to feel for Castletownroche. A proud hurling village with great history. I think they have very little numbers and not many underage players coming up. While a bitter pill to swallow, it might be time for them to amalgamate with another club. Neighbours Doneraile are a club in serious decline and struggling big time to survive. Maybe it would be good for both clubs to amalgamate. It worked well for Liscarroll and Churchtown who now have a new lease of life.

Shanballymore are struggling too but might have enough to survive on their own.

Araglen recorded their first win at Junior A level today. They have a nice few young fellas coming through so might improve in the coming years.

Overall I think they need to split Avondhu into 2 competitions. I'd keep Harbour Rovers, Clyda Rovers, LC Gaels, Charleville, Kilshannig, Ballyhooly, Killavullen and Dromina would make up your 8 Junior A teams.

Then I would bring back the O' Leary Cup and call it Junior A2 and have Castletownroche/Doneraile, Shanballymore, Araglen, Fermoy, Buttevant, Ballyclough, Ballyhea, Newtownshandrum, Kilworth etc.

The rest of the teams play in Junior B2 or Junior C. And have proper relegation and promotion every season. Just a thought I've had.
Wouldn't be a bad idea to run them two competitions off in Avondhu and at least games in junior A would be very competitive and also A2 would throw up some even enough games rather then some of those teams getting a hammering. Buttevant put in a very good performance against Kilshannig, Glanworth are definitely the team to beat, they totally outclassed Shanballymore last night and will beat Kilshannig, Shanballymore have Dromina next who will be big favourites to win easy like last year in the group stages when they beat Shanballymore by 19 points i think. Clyda v Churchtown/Liscaroll should be a cracker and hard to call. Killavullen will have too much for Ballyhooly.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to run them two competitions off in Avondhu and at least games in junior A would be very competitive and also A2 would throw up some even enough games rather then some of those teams getting a hammering. Buttevant put in a very good performance against Kilshannig, Glanworth are definitely the team to beat, they totally outclassed Shanballymore last night and will beat Kilshannig, Shanballymore have Dromina next who will be big favourites to win easy like last year in the group stages when they beat Shanballymore by 19 points i think. Clyda v Churchtown/Liscaroll should be a cracker and hard to call. Killavullen will have too much for Ballyhooly.
I'd give ballyhooly a chance.
They have serious potential but seem to implode at some point every year..

Liscarroll/Churchtown have a great chance against clyda.
Saw them last year and thought serious potential in the side.

Clyda are clyda.
You'll get nothing easy.

Glanworth are the frontrunner at the moment but they're not as strong as a few years ago I feel.

If Kilshannig can mark Stevie Condon or even cut off the supply to him they might not be far off Glanworth. I was over at Kildorrery for the SBM - Harbour Rovers game and he struck about 3-5 from play, I think he's the best player at Junior level right now behind Harnedy. Kilshannig had Killian O'Hanlon back and he's a good hurler as well as a powerful man. Glanworth still favourites to go all the way in Avondhu but aside from SBM I wouldn't write anyone off. Fair play to Buttevant also, they're focusing on football this year but still gave Dromina a run for 50 minutes and took Kilshannig all the way.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Do You Believe In The Power Of Rock & Roll? - An Evening with John Robb
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 1:45pm

More events ▼