Cyclists

He has really opened my eyes to the amount of angry, aggressive (much like himself but as you say, he is just one) and dangerous motorists that out there. One of my kids wants to cycle to school come September, no f&cking chance is that happening.

That's the sad part of it, children can no longer safely explore their surroundings on bikes as they used to.

He has really opened my eyes to the amount of angry, aggressive (much like himself but as you say, he is just one) and dangerous motorists that out there. One of my kids wants to cycle to school come September, no f&cking chance is that happening.
Long ago now, I used to cycle daily. To school and then to work. I was lucky enough never to have a serious incident or near miss. I would say I had a fairly care free attitude and in my ignorance just assumed motorists knew what they were doing behind the wheel.

It was only after driving for a while that I realised how desperately bad the standard of driving is. People's lack of awareness of what's going on around them while driving is staggering. When I have my semi regular notions of it's time to do some exercise and try to get fit, I never consider going to the shed and knocking the cobwebs off the bike. It's just too dangerous.

On my commute to work today I saw 4 vehicles driving through red lights in a matter of minutes, 3 at one junction and one at another.

I reckon the more cycling you do the more frustrated you will be.

I do think that mounting cameras on your bike and filming all the idiot antics of drivers is to set yourself on the road to hell.

There are morons everywhere but you need to get on with your own life and not let them poison your time on this planet.
I was at a junction today stopped at the lights to cycle straight through. The lights turned green and 4 cars drove through the red on the other side to take the right turn across my lane! 1 is standard, possibly you’d get a 2nd dope, but 4 is madness. The next set of lights they would hit is about 250m away so they would be stopping there anyway

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼