Cyclists

If that’s 180km per day he’s a nutcase, if it’s 180km per week it seems Carrigaline isn’t further away than I thought despite our resident know-it-all 😎

With a high page count this thread is motoring along faster than Chicken John going into Douglas. I wonder if he’ll tweet the “hate” number out to his pals 🤣
Its 180 km per week, he had over 6000km done this year

Intimidates motorists on his bike? Are you having a 🦒 ?
A very aggressive individual, bangs his fists on innocent motorists and van drivers vehicles as they cautiously and carefully pass him.
I have even heard him utter the word "fuckers" to motorists as they try to navigate around him because of the tailbacks he has caused.
Now that we know it's because he has set himself targets to beat and he considers motorists obstacles in his way of achieving those targets it must point to a psychosis of some sort.

A very dangerous man indeed.

🤔
As a cyclist he has rights and we can't dispute that. However, he also has obligations which he conveniently forges about. He's simply an arrogant, lycra-arse, cowardly bully who is cruising for a bruising!
He has made himself a modern day character of Cork, up there with Bernie Murphy, Charlie in the pond, and Andy Gaw.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

In a lot of his videos he has genuinely shown the actions of quite a few lunatic crazy driving behaviours (even when he wasn’t in the middle of a lane). He has come within inches of some severe hits. He’s been lucky to come of of them without a scrape.
Another way of looking at this, he’s just one cyclist - there are plenty of near misses out there that never get reported.

I’m not condoning his behaviour btw, as I said, he does put himself into many a dangerous position too where there is no need for it.

On my commute to work today I saw 4 vehicles driving through red lights in a matter of minutes, 3 at one junction and one at another.

I reckon the more cycling you do the more frustrated you will be.

I do think that mounting cameras on your bike and filming all the idiot antics of drivers is to set yourself on the road to hell.

There are morons everywhere but you need to get on with your own life and not let them poison your time on this planet.

In a lot of his videos he has genuinely shown the actions of quite a few lunatic crazy driving behaviours (even when he wasn’t in the middle of a lane). He has come within inches of some severe hits. He’s been lucky to come of of them without a scrape.
Another way of looking at this, he’s just one cyclist - there are plenty of near misses out there that never get reported.

I’m not condoning his behaviour btw, as I said, he does put himself into many a dangerous position too where there is no need for it.
He has really opened my eyes to the amount of angry, aggressive (much like himself but as you say, he is just one) and dangerous motorists that out there. One of my kids wants to cycle to school come September, no f&cking chance is that happening.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: The Gong Show

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼