Cyclists

In that specific clip, what was he doing that could lead to an accident?
I didn't mention the clip.
There's a world of difference between cyclists looking for more safety conscious driving amd advocating for "a little more space for a lot more safe" in comparison to what he's doing. It does the cycle lobby no credit that it can't distinguish between looking for safety and respect from motorists and deliberately going out on a bike to provoke, cause trouble and potentially cause accidents.

I'd wager you don't do it. You go for a cycle to get from a to b or even a recreational cycle.......you don't take up ridiculous road positions with the intent to provoke and then remonstrate with the driver for social media likes.

As I said, it's the intent. He's actively looking for aggro on the road. Why cycle supporting posters can't acknowledge it for what it is is very curious indeed.

The ignorant cunt road rage content generating social media addicts are a menace.
They’re in the same category as those who bully amateur referees and harangue politicians they disagree with.
The exodus from social media platforms is partly a backlash to this nastiness.

An ignorant cunt is an ignorant cunt: whether in an online video or in a courtroom trying to tell a judge how to do his or her job. There’s no dealing with ignorant cunts. It’s best to ignore them.

In that specific clip, what was he doing that could lead to an accident?
A pedestrian could have very easily walked out onto the road between the parked cars.

It is a lot easier and quicker for a motorised vehicle to stop at that speed than a cyclist.

Rox, I already asked you 2 questions, you might be kind enough to answer them, as I have answered yours

Stopping traffic in the middle of the street to have an argument with a car driver is safe is it?

The car was tooting his little horn at the cyclist who was doing nothing wrong.

I don't know about you but if someone beeped at me for no good reason I'd be fairly annoyed.

The problem here is with motorists who are not willing to share the road with other road users.

I don't know about you but if someone beeped at me for no good reason I'd be fairly annoyed.

The problem here is with motorists who are not willing to share the road with other road users.
When people beep at me I ignore them and go about my day. Arguing in the middle of the street achieves nothing. Bar embarrassing yourself in public of course.

No the problem is mutual respect.
As I posted a while back I am expected to drive with due care and attention and respect for my fellow road users. All motorists expect is that cyclists do the same. I'm not commenting on you. But this guy clearly is looking to cause trouble every time he goes out.

I don't see why you can't acknowledge that.

No the problem is mutual respect.
As I posted a while back I am expected to drive with due care and attention and respect for my fellow road users. All motorists expect is that cyclists do the same. I'm not commenting on you. But this guy clearly is looking to cause trouble every time he goes out.

I don't see why you can't acknowledge that.
Rox is obviously incapable of seeing beyond anything that claims to be a victim

A pedestrian could have very easily walked out onto the road between the parked cars.

It is a lot easier and quicker for a motorised vehicle to stop at that speed than a cyclist.

Rox, I already asked you 2 questions, you might be kind enough to answer them, as I have answered yours
1. Same for any motorist.
2. I'd wager it would be a lot easier for a cyclist to either avoid the pedestrian completely, crash but not hit pedestrian, slow down sufficiently that even if he did hit the pedestrian it would be at low speed and unlikely to cause serious harm.
None of which could be said for a motorist driving the same speed.

The horn is used to indicate your presence to other road users.

It is not a rebuke. The use of the horn for any other reason is best ignored.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Blue Steel

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼