The Hurling Thread

Again not taking anything away from his unparalleled success but Cork fellas saying they hoped he 'went out on top'?
Give me a break.

The running game as played by O'Grady/Allen did just fine as we dismantled them in 04.

Cody talked up his 'manly game' shite in 06 and a hopelessly inept ref in Kelly in let them foul with impunity.

The fawning over Kilkenny and Cody from supposed Cork fans is nauseating to behold.

Glad he's gone, took hurling into the gutter.

Again not taking anything away from his unparalleled success but Cork fellas saying they hoped he 'went out on top'?
Give me a break.

The running game as played by O'Grady/Allen did just fine as we dismantled them in 04.

Cody talked up his 'manly game' shite in 06 and a hopelessly inept ref in Kelly in let them foul with impunity.

The fawning over Kilkenny and Cody from supposed Cork fans is nauseating to behold.

In 2005 was cody expected to say...ah well we cant compete with corks running game, we wont bother trying to come up with a plan to counter act it,

O yeah winning is what its all about, no question.

Was he good for the game? Not a focking chance.

The strategy for players like Canning was to cripple them rather than emulate them. Kiely is more of the same.

It was a muck year for hurling. Attendances reflected this.

Cannot wait for next year's inter county season already. Even the league will be brilliant I feel. New mangers in Cork, Tipp, Kilkenny, Waterford and Dublin. Going to be fascinating watching all of it unfold. The year is going to be a complete unknown.

Will probably end with Limerick doing their 4 in a row but how the other teams go about bridging the gap will be most interesting.

Give me a break.

🤔
In 2006 The Cats as typical felines, were very happy to wait in the long grass.
Cody's teams used to "cross the line" between hard and dirty/dangerous far too often due to weak referees.
However, Cody seems to come across as quite gentlemanly in any interviews that I've seen.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼