The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Barcelona reportedly willing to hand Frenkie de Jong back €3.5m in deferred wages but ate asking him to forgo the rest in a bid to see the move to United go ahead.

He'd want to be getting one hell of a contract.

Other rumours that Ten Hag has told the players that any of them found to have leaked info to the press will be dropped from the first team.

Wonder who's leaked that ;)
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Christy not going on pre season tour to Thailand.

If the "family reasons" explanation is genuine & serious then he has my sympathy. It's not long since he lost a child.

But if it's a ruse to help engineer an exit from the club then it's pretty shameful.

It's been clear for a long time that Utd wouldn't have CL football next season. If he'd been straight up back in May about not being willing, 37 years of age, to drop to the TNCL for the first time in 20 years I think even the SMCs would've reluctantly understood his position.

But to keep schtum all summer and then act the boll1x just before pre-season training starts would be seriously bad form.

Can they not do him for breach of contract?

The club could certainly dock his wages for not turning up. Not that it would be any particular hardship for him.

But, on the balance of probabilities, it looks like they are willing to play along publicly with the "family reasons" excuse while trying in the background to convince him to turn up to work & stay for the season.

^

This.

Major investment needed and they are pissing about scrambling for free transfers into July.
Exactly. I have a feeling ronaldo was going to stay until he saw the inactivity in the transfer market and then thought "fuck this, my time is limited, why would I waste a year playing for those Florida goblins who are not serious about winning?"

Watch them either lose out on De Jong, or pay exactly what Barca wanted 6 weeks ago. always the same.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
I'm Grand Mam presents That's Showbiz
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

2nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Dance (12A) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼