TD Michael McGrath

I couldn't make the same type of post about CNC.

Tommy Gould - actually a very decent skin but politically doesn't come across well. Might benefit from the same image-polishing another guy from the right side of the Lee got when he became Man United Captain.

Mick the Dub - started out as a guy of high principles but seems to be aiming for the lowest common denominator vote now and alas he just seems to be against anything and everything these days.

Padraig O'Sullivan - The Hype: tipped to be one of the new fresher and energetic faces of Fianna Fail. The Reality: Languishing in obscurity on the FF backbenches

Colm Burke: - Perennial pity. As someone once said "If he became an undertaker people would stop dying"

I know bigger parties have a cache whereby many of the electorate would likely vote for the party candidate no matter who was put forward for the gig, but while people keep saying Mick The Dub's seat will be in serious trouble, I can't help thinking Colm Burke has an absolute mountain of work to do if he's to have any hope at all of being re-elected. P O'Sullivan less so despite his current obscurity I think.

Tommy Gould - actually a very decent skin but politically doesn't come across well. Might benefit from the same image-polishing another guy from the right side of the Lee got when he became Man United Captain.

Mick the Dub - started out as a guy of high principles but seems to be aiming for the lowest common denominator vote now and alas he just seems to be against anything and everything these days.

Padraig O'Sullivan - The Hype: tipped to be one of the new fresher and energetic faces of Fianna Fail. The Reality: Languishing in obscurity on the FF backbenches

Colm Burke: - Perennial pity. As someone once said "If he became an undertaker people would stop dying"

I know bigger parties have a cache whereby many of the electorate would likely vote for the party candidate no matter who was put forward for the gig, but while people keep saying Mick The Dub's seat will be in serious trouble, I can't help thinking Colm Burke has an absolute mountain of work to do if he's to have any hope at all of being re-elected. P O'Sullivan less so despite his current obscurity I think.

TBF, think O' Sullivan knows that as new TD, like McGrath in 2007, he needs to keep the head down and cultivate/grow his vote. He was never going to pick up senior or even junior minister position with three heavy hitters just across the river. Has worked well with community associations, schools, etc in the area.

Burke just not at the races. Seems like he has achieved his lifetime ambition and not interested in doing any more. However, he can count on strong party vote from area south of the river and rural areas so cannot rule him out.
This constituency re-elected Fat Dara!!

Tommy G is Tommy G. SF apparently looking to run a younger, sharper candidate along side him next time out with a view to taking Mick's seat, which is very possible.

TBF, think O' Sullivan knows that as new TD, like McGrath in 2007, he needs to keep the head down and cultivate/grow his vote. He was never going to pick up senior or even junior minister position with three heavy hitters just across the river. Has worked well with community associations, schools, etc in the area.

Burke just not at the races. Seems like he has achieved his lifetime ambition and not interested in doing any more. However, he can count on strong party vote from area south of the river and rural areas so cannot rule him out.

Tommy G is Tommy G. SF apparently looking to run a younger, sharper candidate along side him next time out with a view to taking Mick's seat, which is very possible.
At the moment, neither the ginger whinger or the wan that eats all the pies fit that brief. Then perhaps Ken Collins who does fit the brief but is on TG's doorstep, that will take vote management and that will be new to SF.

Last edited:
At the moment, neither the ginger winger or the wan that eat all the pies fit that brief. Then perhaps Ken Collins who does fit the brief but is on TG's doorstep, that will take vote management and that will be new to SF.
Chris o learys daughter is based in glanmire , if there is a tide with SF again a female candidate could be in with a chance,
As Bluesball said Ken o flynn could be a dark horse,

South of the river a SF tilt at two seats would be tempting but risky, it would take some amount of vote management,
Liadh ni riada will take a seat in cork north west,

We rarely agree but agree to you analysis

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jennifer Lyons

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼