Transfer Window Thread

I managed to get hold of a few text messages between Klopp and Pep over the last few weeks. they went like this.

Pep: Hi Jurgen, unlucky to lose in the cl final. AGAIN haha

Klopp: Fuck you you baldy bastard.

Pep: that was fair. anyway, I have a little secret to share and a favour to ask.

Klopp: What can I do?

Pep: well, we never intended to sign Sanchez. But we knew his wage demands and pretended to want him, to make United sign him and fuck up their wage structure

Klopp: :lol!: Good one Baldy.

Pep: I know teeth. But you want to know more? they fell for the exact same trick with maguire. The stupid bastards went out and spent 80 million on a carthorse.

Klopp: :lol!::lol!: :lol!: I had an inkling alright. So whats that got to do with me?

Pep: Well, I don't think even MUFC are likely to fall for it again,, If WE do it. Could you pretend to want Nunez, and make the dopey bastards pay through the nose for him too?

Klopp: Done. That's cheered me right up from blowing the League and CL pep, cheers baldy.

Pep: Anytime teeth.

That's outrageous alright Marco.

What do you make of Sofiane Diop? Sounds like he might be one of the next off the conveyor belt.
Is Liverpool linked with him?

Good player but i'd think he'll stay one more season before eventually making a move away...that said, he was pretty much a definite starter under Kovac but since Clement took over early in 2022 he isn't playing as many minutes, this might well speed up his move abroad..

Is Liverpool linked with him?

Good player but i'd think he'll stay one more season before eventually making a move away...that said, he was pretty much a definite starter under Kovac but since Clement took over early in 2022 he isn't playing as many minutes, this might well speed up his move abroad..

I think he was linked with Leicester.

Fabregas called out Fofana, Diop or Tchouameni as having the potential to earn a big move in the future.

I managed to get hold of a few text messages between Klopp and Pep over the last few weeks. they went like this.

Pep: Hi Jurgen, unlucky to lose in the cl final. AGAIN haha

Klopp: Fuck you you baldy bastard.

Pep: that was fair. anyway, I have a little secret to share and a favour to ask.

Klopp: What can I do?

Pep: well, we never intended to sign Sanchez. But we knew his wage demands and pretended to want him, to make United sign him and fuck up their wage structure

Klopp: :lol!: Good one Baldy.

Pep: I know teeth. But you want to know more? they fell for the exact same trick with maguire. The stupid bastards went out and spent 80 million on a carthorse.

Klopp: :lol!::lol!: :lol!: I had an inkling alright. So whats that got to do with me?

Pep: Well, I don't think even MUFC are likely to fall for it again,, If WE do it. Could you pretend to want Nunez, and make the dopey bastards pay through the nose for him too?

Klopp: Done. That's cheered me right up from blowing the League and CL pep, cheers baldy.

This is likely I feel. Reliable journos are saying Liverpool are in for him but won’t be drawn into a bidding war. So I can our interest just driving the price up for United to sign him eventually.

Looks a good player though. Pinch of salt needed in that league but has the physical attributes to do well in the PL I’d say.

I think the Liverpool interest is genuine, but if Benfica play hard-ball or a bidding war breaks out I'd imagine Liverpool might pivot to options #2 or #3.

Man Utd are in a strange/awful position in the final third.

Cavani is gone.
Martial is a busted flush, but has 2 years to run on this contract.
Greenwood future on & off the field in huge doubt.

Ronaldo unlikely to stay beyond summer 2023.
Rashford needs a reboot.
Elanga looks worthy of some minutes - but IMHO as a 4th or 5th choice for a side with CL qualification ambitions
Shoretire & Garnacho have promise, but statistically unlikely to ever become regular first-team players.

Then for wide attackers there's only Sancho of note. The bones of £40m spent on Amad and Pellistri look unlikely to bear fruit.

If you take a pessimistic view on those in red above, depending on formation/style you could argue that Utd need 4-5 quality attacking players to come in across the next 3 windows (summer/winter/summer) and perform well.

That will be very hard to achieve.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Roamer
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

10th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Darren K

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼