Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

'zackly

the place seems full of nutters on both sides, can you imagine cunts like Poots, etc in the dail down here with the likes of cunts such as the healy-raes and mattys, christ whadda dose
Nevermind that NI is a huge money loser (-4B/yr). Completely unviable on its own. Be like the West>>East German spending plan to get them updated. No bloody thank you.

"Except it wouldn't"? You mean, you'd continue to just let NI leech funding, and we all pay more taxes? That seems.......bad?
It wouldn't. There's loads of research gone into the cost. The 10 billion subvention wouldn't transfer to us. It would be closer to 2. And that's not taking account of the economy growth, FDI, the US funding and EU funding we would inevitably get down on top of it.

As I posted in another thread, there's the perceived wisdom and there's the reality.

Peer reviewed independent research of Prof John Doyle in UCD shows the "we can't afford it" argument doesn't stand up.

It wouldn't. There's loads of research gone into the cost. The 10 billion subvention wouldn't transfer to us. It would be closer to 2. And that's not taking account of the economy growth, FDI, the US funding and EU funding we would inevitably get down on top of it.

As I posted in another thread, there's the perceived wisdom and there's the reality.

Peer reviewed independent research of Prof John Doyle in UCD shows the "we can't afford it" argument doesn't stand up.
NI has been eligible for EU funding for every year but the last 1.5. What is it that changes suddenly?

When you say economy growth...what growth? NI is like the West of Ireland; it does not suddenly grow just because. What is it that is going to attract companies with ROI vs last 100+ years in UK?

Economic forecasts are generally for the birds; for every person who says 2B, find others who will * by x. I mean...who could have forecasted the last 10 years on ROI alone.

It's all speculation though.
I speculate that a united Ireland will boost trade. However if the unionists are unhappy I speculate trade will fall.
Guesswork.

NI has been eligible for EU funding for every year but the last 1.5. What is it that changes suddenly?

When you say economy growth...what growth? NI is like the West of Ireland; it does not suddenly grow just because. What is it that is going to attract companies with ROI vs last 100+ years in UK?

Economic forecasts are generally for the birds; for every person who says 2B, find others who will * by x. I mean...who could have forecasted the last 10 years on ROI alone.
All you have to do is look at the protocol in action. 61% increase in exports. 8% reduction in prices compared to 27% increase in Britain.

I will try to find the links to the research I mentioned.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Little Known & Mossy & Pebbledash

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼