Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

It's all speculation though.
I speculate that a united Ireland will boost trade. However if the unionists are unhappy I speculate trade will fall.
Guesswork.
Unionists won't be. Loyalists might be. But they're now a small minority of a minority. If the BP is done right, then it will mean the loyalists will be like dissident republicans........a tiny rump.

The upside if it is done right is undeniable.

That's why I mentioned the research. The analysis has been done.

All you have to do is look at the protocol in action. 61% increase in exports. 8% reduction in prices compared to 27% increase in Britain.

I will try to find the links to the research I mentioned.
No you don't. It's a completely different situation.
The reason the protocol is good for the norths economy is they have a foot in both camps. I've bought stuff from the North recently. The same thing was 100 euros cheaper then the republic and no duty or delivery charge.

It wouldn't. There's loads of research gone into the cost. The 10 billion subvention wouldn't transfer to us. It would be closer to 2. And that's not taking account of the economy growth, FDI, the US funding and EU funding we would inevitably get down on top of it.

As I posted in another thread, there's the perceived wisdom and there's the reality.

Peer reviewed independent research of Prof John Doyle in UCD shows the "we can't afford it" argument doesn't stand up.

peer review in economics 😁.
really and truly means fuck all.

How many papers does Patrick Minford have?

Unionists won't be. Loyalists might be. But they're now a small minority of a minority. If the BP is done right, then it will mean the loyalists will be like dissident republicans........a tiny rump.

How are they a small minority?
TUV and DUP together is similar to SFs vote.

How are they a small minority?
TUV and DUP together is similar to SFs vote.
Loyalism is what I said.

DUP got 21%.
TUV got 8%.
SF got 28%

But loyalism got no backing. PUP got 100s of votes. Even if you call TUV the home of the loyalism vote its 8%.

8% out of 40% is a small minority.

Point being if done right any economic gain won't be cancelled by a tiny rump.

Loyalism is what I said.

DUP got 21%.
TUV got 8%.
SF got 28%

But loyalism got no backing. PUP got 100s of votes. Even if you call TUV the home of the loyalism vote its 8%.

8% out of 40% is a small minority.

Point being if done right any economic gain won't be cancelled by a tiny rump.
Just like Paisley had no tangible links to the UVF but in actuality he did.
A vote for the DUP is easily a loyalist vote.
FFS they can't even accept the Protocol which is an advantage to the economy and you think they'll accept a united Ireland without trouble?
Delusional.

Just like Paisley had no tangible links to the UVF but in actuality he did.
A vote for the DUP is easily a loyalist vote.
FFS they can't even accept the Protocol which is an advantage to the economy and you think they'll accept a united Ireland without trouble?
Delusional.
The DUP accepted the protocol.
SJD went on Spotlight on BBC and said the protocol was an opportunity and made no change to the constitutional status of NI.

In an effort to shore up the vote he lost because of the DUP fuck up on Brexit - he found himself pulled by the LCC and UVF into anti protocol rallies to try and counter the TUV vote, a vote that got no transfers and got Jim Allister 1 seat as a result.

This isn't about the protocol at all.

A poster here repeatedly posts that the nationalist vote has plateaued at 40% since 98.

The unionist vote has gone from 52% to 40% since 98.

This is about a common cause between the DUP and the ERG. Maintaining an EU bogeyman helps the ERG push for pure Brexit or at least derogation for London financial services and in return the ERG will threaten unilateral action on the protocol using the GFA protection argument.

The protocol, like Brexit, isn't devolved and doesn't require cross community consent. This is about putting a unionist veto back by getting the Tories to re-write the GFA to insist on cross community consent on everything. Jamie Bryson tweeted 2 weeks ago that "the unionist veto is back and we will wield it". Tony Connelly tweeted a thread this morning saying there is growing concern in government circles that the protocol issue is a proxy for a unionist rearguard action to rip up the GFA and put in a unionist veto on everything including a BP.

Why? Because having screamed democracy in an entity designed to give them a majority in perpetuity , they don't have the numbers anymore and the direction of travel is inevitable.

So shut down Stormont because a nationalist can't be FM. Disregard 53 of 80 MLAs supporting the protocol. Democracy which was at the core of the GFA is being denied because the result and where democracy takes them is anathema.

Why indulge the tantrum? They have no case. There is no right in what they're doing.

If Boris wasn't in no 10 in the shit he's in, noone would be tolerating their bullshit.

Needs to be called out and shut down.

The DUP accepted the protocol.
SJD went on Spotlight on BBC and said the protocol was an opportunity and made no change to the constitutional status of NI.

In an effort to shore up the vote he lost because of the DUP fuck up on Brexit - he found himself pulled by the LCC and UVF into anti protocol rallies to try and counter the TUV vote, a vote that got no transfers and got Jim Allister 1 seat as a result.

This isn't about the protocol at all.

A poster here repeatedly posts that the nationalist vote has plateaued at 40% since 98.

The unionist vote has gone from 52% to 40% since 98.

This is about a common cause between the DUP and the ERG. Maintaining an EU bogeyman helps the ERG push for pure Brexit or at least derogation for London financial services and in return the ERG will threaten unilateral action on the protocol using the GFA protection argument.

The protocol, like Brexit, isn't devolved and doesn't require cross community consent. This is about putting a unionist veto back by getting the Tories to re-write the GFA to insist on cross community consent on everything. Jamie Bryson tweeted 2 weeks ago that "the unionist veto is back and we will wield it". Tony Connelly tweeted a thread this morning saying there is growing concern in government circles that the protocol issue is a proxy for a unionist rearguard action to rip up the GFA and put in a unionist veto on everything including a BP.

Why? Because having screamed democracy in an entity designed to give them a majority in perpetuity , they don't have the numbers anymore and the direction of travel is inevitable.

So shut down Stormont because a nationalist can't be FM. Disregard 53 of 80 MLAs supporting the protocol. Democracy which was at the core of the GFA is being denied because the result and where democracy takes them is anathema.

Why indulge the tantrum? They have no case. There is no right in what they're doing.

If Boris wasn't in no 10 in the shit he's in, noone would be tolerating their bullshit.

Needs to be called out and shut down.
Tldr.

Like someone else mentioned: right now NI is a half way house. Both in and out of the EU. If they go fully in on either side; that investment vanishes.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼