Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Heard on radio this morning that the Kerry team couldn't find a reasonable Hotel available from Kildare up to Dublin to play the Joe McDonagh final so they're going up and down on the day. And their football squad are being asked for a 10,000 Euro??? up front fee to secure their hotel in dublin for the quarter-final that they haven't actually qualified for just yet :eek:

Dublin gouging going nuclear. Some day the GAA will realise that the dubs are taking the absolute piss and might move some big matches out of dublin to try get a bit more cop on from the greedy dub c**ts
I can't understand how those expenses for championship games aren't covered in full by the GAA themselves.

Heard on radio this morning that the Kerry team couldn't find a reasonable Hotel available from Kildare up to Dublin to play the Joe McDonagh final so they're going up and down on the day. And their football squad are being asked for a 10,000 Euro??? up front fee to secure their hotel in dublin for the quarter-final that they haven't actually qualified for just yet :eek:

Dublin gouging going nuclear. Some day the GAA will realise that the dubs are taking the absolute piss and might move some big matches out of dublin to try get a bit more cop on from the greedy dub c**ts
But, but, but the hallowed turf of Croke Park (all bow) is where every player wants to play.

I dream of the day Cork win the AI down the Páirc.

Ps: fuck the Dubs

I think it'll be a cork v limerick semi final. I think we'll (limerick) will just have too much for a hugely improving dangerous clare team. I'd fully expect ye to beat kk or galway in qf. lads talking about Antrim?? with all due respect.........
other semi will be clare v kk or galway, I can't call the leinster final but If I had to I'd go for kk. can't see wexford beating limerick or clare in qf.
nobody knows here if cian Lynch will hurl again this year I wish he was back we need everyone to retain the all Ireland

I’d agree with most of that, I’m not sure we have the tools to take ye down yet but if we hadn’t wasted half the year trying to reinvent the game we would be a lot further down the road to doing so right now,
I think it'll be a cork v limerick semi final. I think we'll (limerick) will just have too much for a hugely improving dangerous clare team. I'd fully expect ye to beat kk or galway in qf. lads talking about Antrim?? with all due respect.........
other semi will be clare v kk or galway, I can't call the leinster final but If I had to I'd go for kk. can't see wexford beating limerick or clare in qf.
nobody knows here if cian Lynch will hurl again this year I wish he was back we need everyone to retain the all Ireland

I’d agree with most of that, I’m not sure we have the tools to take ye down yet but if we hadn’t wasted half the year trying to reinvent the game we would be a lot further down the road to doing so right now,

Oh ffs, there was plenty of short passing in the games against Waterford and Tipp.

What did improve was our marking from their puckout.

It didn't take you long to revert to type.

I just love the way the Kerry hurlers story is being reported as “poor Kerry they can’t get a hotel”

I’m not saying they’re wrong but I am saying if this was any other county in Ireland the GAA media would be absolutely savaging them for disrespecting the players of their weaker code.

Nothing nuanced about it, the players took a sledgehammer to the tactics after the Clare game and we are now reaping the rewards
Fair play to the players if so, but i remember many a comment from people in previous years saying players play, managers manage
and players should keep out of it, truth be told there should be room for players to have a major input,

Fair play to the players if so, but i remember many a comment from people in previous years saying players play, managers manage
and players should keep out of it, truth be told there should be room for players to have a major input,
Really you will have to wait until Cork play someone good in the championship again before you know if its a genuine change or just playing two sides with belief in the dustbin

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼