Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Agreed with an earlier comment that Tipperary know how to be good losers as well as gracious winners. They won't be down for long.

The game yesterday was too easy for Cork to take any worthwhile lessons from it... apart possibly from the work rate of last week being repeated yesterday.

Lehane playing well is an amazing hurler but he was given the absolute freedom of the pitch yesterday and you simply cannot do that against a hurler who just oozes class when on form.

The win will give a confidence boost to the squad and I would guess it is a far happier camp that it was ten days ago.

Barrett, Millerick, O Connor, O connell, O Mahony..... not a bad bench to be able to bring on.

of all the counties to play I think the days v Tipp are the best and there is always great craic win or lose and that comes from generations of mutual respect. Cork showed their class at times yesterday but there is still a lot to work on and that is a good way to go into the next game. Workrate of the forwards was impressive aside from the scoring and skill levels, Connolly is some operator - this guy can be a superstar and Lehane put on an exhibition that even the likes of Cian Lynch would have been proud of. What skill and stickwork - an artist who is now earning the right to play by working hard first. I am delighted for him and he has proved his class in a serious way since coming back.

Interestingly I make it that 10 players who played some part yesterday were involved in those really tough successive U21 and U20 final beatings by Tipp in 2018 and 1019 and this doesn’t even include the likes of Joyce, Barrett, Connolly who were younger again. On top of that we have OLH, Eoin Downey, Eoin Roche, Brian Roche, Twomey, Power, Connery, Conor Cahalane. Daire O’ Leary, Keane all involved and capable of pushing on. This is serious validation of the efforts made in developing players through multiple years even when silverware wasn’t being won at underage. I think Tipp are now suffering badly by not bringing enough of those winning teams through and blooding them

Extended panel members look strong aswell
Eoin Roche
Padraig Power
Mark Keane
Cormac o brien
Sam quirke
Daire Connery
Ethan Twomey
Brian o Sullivan
Sean Twomey

The abuse I’ve heard Damien get for the last decade is horrendous, it’s bad enough coming from opposition supporters but when it’s your own doing it it’s horrific.
Could you imagine his family sitting close by listening to that crap?
I know they all get criticised but the level Damien gets is off the charts
Met him on the pitch yesterday and was so happy to see the kids flocking around him and Damien (like the rest of them) giving them as much attention as he could
Yeah, I agree. Unreal negativity. D Cahalane kept Stephen Bennett quiet last Sunday week (and had to be substituted). He played well enough yesterday too, though he seemed to be injured a bit towards the end.

Also was delighted to see the red card O Flynn got. He drove the butt of the hurley into Lehanes chest and Lehane didn't flinch. I turned to the young lad and said he'll get away with this cause Lehane didn't dive on the ground, but it didn't matter the ref was spot on.

Thanks Vlad - didn't notice it on the TV as you say probably because Lehane didn't flinch. Commentators reckoned the ref must have gotten word from the linesman.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
JJ Walsh's, 64 Oliver Plunkett St.

10th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

On The Waterfront (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 5:45pm

More events ▼