Cork Hurlers - Part 2

To be honest small things cost us today a 65 fir clare should have been a Cork puck out .. free for clare in the middle of field infront of us was a joke
However at the end of the day we should have done much better .No physicality. No game plan of any sense all in all depressing
I said it the last day against Clare. small things cost us and we didn't perform . . (And I was slated for it )
Today we performed and hunted much better .
Got to have no less effort the next day.
Credit management today I believe they got big calls right today and fair play to them . I and many on here kicked them when they were down and in many cases rightly so .
But to be fair they learned something from the league final and duly fhe team responded.
One swallow don't make a summer but we are on the right road now .

Ah stop, we were pummelled against Clare because we picked the wrong team and played the wrong tactics. Today we got both right. They are not small things, they are the basics
I said it the last day against Clare. small things cost us and we didn't perform . . (And I was slated for it )
Today we performed and hunted much better .
Got to have no less effort the next day.
Credit management today I believe they got big calls right today and fair play to them . I and many on here kicked them when they were down and in many cases rightly so .
But to be fair they learned something from the league final and duly fhe team responded.
One swallow don't make a summer but we are on the right road now .

Ah stop, we were pummelled against Clare because we picked the wrong team and played the wrong tactics. Today we got both right. They are not small things, they are the basics
Yes Clare were the far better team and beat us by 2 points .Pat horgan missed 3 scorable frees by his standard and then it would have been an undeserved victory .. Look it was terrible viewing for Cork hurling folk . But we must now drive on and management and players can fire up our year .We have to believe that's all I say

They beat us handy, a late late goal put an unrealistic slant on the scoreboard. You usually get what you deserve out of games and we got nothing out of it. Today we did. Ifs buts and maybes mean nothing
Yes Clare were the far better team and beat us by 2 points .Pat horgan missed 3 scorable frees by his standard and then it would have been an undeserved victory .. Look it was terrible viewing for Cork hurling folk . But we must now drive on and management and players can fire up our year .We have to believe that's all I say

Tony Kelly missed 2 scorable frees by his standard so following your logic Clare would have still won but by a point instead of 2

Pat Horgan still has a lot to offer.

We know that at 34 he's not going to be always first to the ball and won't be chasing defenders beyond midfield but he's an incredible finisher and dead ball striker.

He was unfortunate today, in that he ran a great support line but fumbled the pass that would have given him a clean strike on goal. With his ball striking, odds on it would have bulged the net.

This fumble rocked his confidence and he missed an easy (for him) point scoring opportunity soon after and was hooked then.

His stick and wrist work allied to his free taking make him a huge asset to any side.

I don't agree with the view that he's finished because his legs are gone.

Hoggie is still the man

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 2pm

More events ▼