Cork Hurlers - Part 2

An alternative Cork senior hurling team from players either not on the panel, or not getting a look in or not being given enough starts

Would they beat the seniors?

Brian Saunderson
Eoin Roche Cormac O Brien Billy Hennessy
Ethan Twomey. Tommy O Connell Eoin Downey
Brian O Sullivan San Quirke
Mark Keane Declan Dalton Ciaran O Brien
Padraig Power Sean Twomey Alan Connolly

An alternative Cork senior hurling team from players either not on the panel, or not getting a look in or not being given enough starts

Would they beat the seniors?

Brian Saunderson
Eoin Roche Cormac O Brien Billy Hennessy
Ethan Twomey. Tommy O Connell Eoin Downey
Brian O Sullivan San Quirke
Mark Keane Declan Dalton Ciaran O Brien
Padraig Power Sean Twomey Alan Connolly
No

When you claim we have the best players in the squad already what do you mean “the best”? Is it skill wise? How about we start picking hungry players who will work their bollix off no matter what? They to me are better players than flaky skillful fellas
I think it is a fine balance.
You could pick probably twenty players who would give you 200% onthe field but unfortunately are not up to the top level of hurling.

I think the current players in the squad are probably the best around, If you look at the overall package that makes up a player.
I also think that they are capable of delivering more than we see currently. and that is what I think frustrates so many.

I think it was TOT yesterday who posted about the fight in the dog rather that the size of the dog in the fight.
We need to give the players at least a chance to show they can deliver more, I don't think they are being allowed to show that just now.

You could pick probably twenty players who would give you 200% onthe field but unfortunately are not up to the top level of hurling.

I think the current players in the squad are probably the best around, If you look at the overall package that makes up a player.
I also think that they are capable of delivering more than we see currently. and that is what I think frustrates so many.

I think it was TOT yesterday who posted about the fight in the dog rather that the size of the dog in the fight.
We need to give the players at least a chance to show they can deliver more, I don't think they are being allowed to show that just now.
True words

I don’t think it is a fine balance. A prerequisite to play for Cork should be that you are prepared to work until you drop, how many of our players can you say are currently doing that? Attitude is everything and only after that do you start looking at their hurling ability. But here in cork if you can make fancy flicks we don’t mind if you can’t bother sprinting 10 yards to close down an opponent. Only in cork

I don’t think it is a fine balance. A prerequisite to play for Cork should be that you are prepared to work until you drop, how many of our players can you say are currently doing that? Attitude is everything and only after that do you start looking at their hurling ability. But here in cork if you can make fancy flicks we don’t mind if you can’t bother sprinting 10 yards to close down an opponent. Only in cork
R&B, you are delusional. You come up with stupid ideas with no basis on fact. All of a sudden your 15, most of whom have never played senior for Cork, are better than the current crop.....cop on. You are constantly on overdrive on this matter and it results in you making no sense. Your heart is in the right place I know but..................

R&B, you are delusional. You come up with stupid ideas with no basis on fact. All of a sudden your 15, most of whom have never played senior for Cork, are better than the current crop.....cop on. You are constantly on overdrive on this matter and it results in you making no sense. Your heart is in the right place I know but..................
Where did I say they would beat the current team?
But I’ll tell ya one thing, they’d beat them on workrate
It’s no wonder we are in the shit with head in the sand apologists like yourself

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Casey Black

Coughlan's, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼