The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

I can only assume Diaz was held as a sub for the exact reason to change the game if required. He has done exactly that.

But in general we have just passed the ball better and quality eventually told. I’m not sure what happened in the first half in their minds but you can’t just kick the ball away all day and expect to get away with it.
Liverpool are like a new side 2nd half. I’d say it’s a combination of VR not being sure how to approach the 2nd half since I doubt they ever expected to be level going in and I doubt any of their preparation was for a game they were dominating. Restarting that was always going to be difficult, and then Liverpool seemed to remember how they play ball as well and had the bench to change things whereas VR had little on their bench as they ran out of steam. Overall result is a complete swing of the pendulum

Good win. Diaz did some great running and created a lot as soon as he came on. They were like a changed team. Probably had more passes in first 10 mins of second half than the whole of first.

Villa really ran out of steam didn’t they?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

CSM Pop Degree Showcase

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼