2022 Premier Senior Hurling

I thought it was mentioned here around the time of Cian Mc's transfer to Passage although he couldn't be stopped anyways as it was his fathers club.
Different rules in the city division I’m sure, they can transfer to any city club, possibly only if they are a grade lower? Some city heads here might know more than I do.
Cian Mc went straight from sars to Douglas first as sars never seem to block transfers out, and then could transfer straight to passage whenever he wanted as he lived in passage since he was a young fella, and already played football for them

Different rules in the city division I’m sure, they can transfer to any city club, possibly only if they are a grade lower? Some city heads here might know more than I do.
Cian Mc went straight from sars to Douglas first as sars never seem to block transfers out, and then could transfer straight to passage whenever he wanted as he lived in passage since he was a young fella, and already played football for them
That was it! Cheers. I knew there was some thing about transferring from different divisions.

That was it! Cheers. I knew there was some thing about transferring from different divisions.
Well no see Sars could have blocked it if they had wanted, and made him sit out for 2 years as there was no address change to Douglas, and not his fathers club or anything. Sars just granted the transfer in this case as the player wanted to leave and they didn’t want to stop him from hurling. If Sars had been awkward they could have objected and he would have had to sit out of hurling league and championship for 2 years!

Well no see Sars could have blocked it if they had wanted, and made him sit out for 2 years as there was no address change to Douglas, and not his fathers club or anything. Sars just granted the transfer in this case as the player wanted to leave and they didn’t want to stop him from hurling. If Sars had been awkward they could have objected and he would have had to sit out of hurling league and championship for 2 years!
You sure of that? I deffo thought transferring out of divisions to city division was allowed with out sanction, could have sworn it was posted here.

I thought that that just applied to the City Division. That if you had an address in the city you could pick any club in the city to play for??

Again I could be way off with that.
That is the rule, or if your home Club is in the city you can transfer back to that club from anywhere, but I think that part is a County wide rule

Transfers don’t seem to be needed (or are ignored) if your joining a local junior b Club from a senior/intermediate city club 😀

You can only get an automatic transfer back to your first club, in this case Sars could have objected, had he transferred straight to Passage they couldn’t
His first club was actually sars, then passage for a couple years, then sars again before minor level, so was a funny one!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼