The Beatles: Get Back 2020

'Low tempo dirge'?

Stick to the Best of the Beatles Alan.
'Low tempo dirge'?

Stick to the Best of the Beatles Alan.
John wanted to bring in Eric Clapton when George "Quit" and thought that the band could manage quite well without George as Eric even played the solo on While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Paul McCartney played all the big guitar solos anyway in the studio.

In the Get Back sessions as John heard "All Things must pass" and he dismissed it as "another Harrisong" and got bored.

All Georges dirges ended up on his All Things Must Pass album as John and Paul could only take so much spirituality/krishna consciousness.

John wanted to bring in Eric Clapton when George "Quit" and thought that the band could manage quite well without George as Eric even played the solo on While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Paul McCartney played all the big guitar solos anyway in the studio.

In the Get Back sessions as John heard "All Things must pass" and he dismissed it as "another Harrisong" and got bored.

All Georges dirges ended up on his All Things Must Pass album as John and Paul could only take so much spirituality/krishna consciousness.

Thanks so much for rehashing bits of the documentary we both watched

:lol!:

Do you prefer the red or the blue album Alan?

For what it's worth you are talking through your hole. Harrison had by far the most successful career post Beatles.

And The Beatles most listened song on Spotify?

The Harrison penned 'Here Comes the Sun'. Twice as many listens as the next most played.

'Dirges', ffs.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for rehashing bits of the documentary we both watched

:lol!:

Do you prefer the red or the blue album Alan?

For what it's worth you are talking through your hole. Harrison had by far the most successful career post Beatles.

And The Beatles most listened song on Spotify?

The Harrison penned 'Here Comes the Sun'. Twice as many listens as the next most played.

'Dirges', ffs.
Ringo also had a few hits.

Paul McCartney is the most successful solo Beatle

saw an interview with McCartney where he said something like for any songwriters in the 50s/60s the ultimate accolade was if Sinatra record a cover of one of your songs

only beatles cover sinatra ever did was 'something' :)
Frank Sinatra also covered "Yesterday"

Over the years the My Way singer covered the track (Something) numerous times in concert, but often mistakenly referred to it as being written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney.

Paul later commented on this, saying: “I think Frank Sinatra used to introduce Something as his favourite Lennon-McCartney song. Thanks Frank.”

Frank Sinatra also covered "Yesterday"

Over the years the My Way singer covered the track (Something) numerous times in concert, but often mistakenly referred to it as being written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney.

Paul later commented on this, saying: “I think Frank Sinatra used to introduce Something as his favourite Lennon-McCartney song. Thanks Frank.”
just relaying a story paul told in a doc or interview i saw

Her screaming into the mic would test anyones patience.

There is a good video of John playing onstage with Chuck Berry in the 1970's and the look on Chucks face when Yoko grabs the mic and screams is worth watching it for alone.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

The Cliffords

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼